#121 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:00 PM

A few snapshots with the pooch in the backyard this evening.  She loves to chase the frisbee.  If I throw it over her head, she tries to leap and knock it down.  It was a little tough to throw the frisbee and take the picture at the same time.  Guess I needed a little more light so I could set the shutter faster....or one of them big honkin' lenses!!!

Posted Image
Throw it, already!!!

Posted Image
Missed it!

Posted Image
Almost!
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#122 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,315 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

Great actions Shots HC! :)

The pups and I picked up a new friend this evening.

My best guess is that it's a Harrier.

and of course my post wouldn't be complete without a picture of Raine..

[House cleaning - attachment deleted by admin]

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#123 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:30 PM

The front stops but the end keeps going...
(w/18-200vr)

Isn't that just a Lab through & through!  They are just the best, although my Wiemeraner is the second best (behind a choc. lab) retriever I have ever had!

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=ba9998b9-e

#124 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,315 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

The front stops but the end keeps going...
(w/18-200vr)

Isn't that just a Lab through & through!  They are just the best, although my Wiemeraner is the second best (behind a choc. lab) retriever I have ever had!

Raine is a trip... just plain silly.

Breeze could care less about fetching though... she would rather go find something to roll around in...

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#125 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

Good thing you guys don't live around cows like we do!  When one of the dogs makes an escape their favorite thing is to roll in fresh cow poo!!!  Eeewww, nasty!!!

#126 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,315 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:47 PM

Oh, we've already been down that road... "Breeze! stop! we're hunting caches not hiding from them!!!" Not a fun car ride with her smelling like scat. When that happens I seek out the nearest body of water.
:tickedoff: ::)

Help me help you.

#127 Team_J

Team_J

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationFarmington, NY

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:55 PM

Sometimes the nearest body of water is worse.  Ace did the dead fish roll when we lived in Jersey.  He was just far away so that I couldn't grab him and prevent it, and just close enough that I could hear him laughing at me as I tried to recall him using voice commands.

White vinegar.  Works on dead fish and on skunk, but it might take a few washings.  I found out from others that soap is far worse to get smells off of a lab, at it spreads the scent out and really embeds it in both layers of fur.  You can buy white vinegar in gallon plastic jugs far cheaper than they sell the glass bottles for.

Oh, we've already been down that road... "Breeze! stop! we're hunting caches not hiding from them!!!" Not a fun car ride with her smelling like scat. When that happens I seek out the nearest body of water.

#128 One of the Texas Vikings

One of the Texas Vikings

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationHumble

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:39 AM

I miss my two girls  :'( :'( :'(

It is so quiet when I get home in the morning.....

But, the middle of May is coming, when I get the two new girls.... O0

Great pics, Jason and HC.....

#129 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:04 PM

Have they ever rolled on a dead bird?  Talk about stinky!

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

#130 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,315 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:30 PM

Raine managed to find a dead bird underneath the Matagorda Fun house last weekend. Didn't roll in it, he came out with it in his mouth...
>:( ::)

Help me help you.

#131 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:49 PM

Raine managed to find a dead bird underneath the Matagorda Fun house last weekend. Didn't roll in it, he came out with it in his mouth...

You failed to mention that when you got home Honey!   :knuppel2:

It was probably after Raine had already licked your face, TPB, and he couldn't bring himself to tell you!  :D :D :D
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#132 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,315 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:12 PM

I would never do anything like that...  :D

Help me help you.

#133 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:20 PM

Stinky dog stories remind me of the time last summer one our dogs got out.  She is an escape artist!  I don't know why an acre isn't big enough for her!  Anyway, I went to bed & she still wasn't back.  My husband went outside & called her an hour later before he went to bed & here she came.  He lets her in the house & into our bedroom where her bed is.  HOW he failed to notice she had been VERY recently & VERY upclosely skunked is beyond me!!   :tickedoff:  The minute he let her in the smell was so strong it woke me up & made my eyes water!!  :'(  It was too late of course because she had already laid in her bed, rubbed against the bedskirt & the curtains!!  I tried everything, but my eyes watered for 3 weeks every time I went in our bed room!!  :knuppel2: Of course, I have never let him live it down!  >:D

#134 TexasNative

TexasNative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Locationconroe/cleveland area

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:15 PM

Stinky dog stories remind me of the time last summer one our dogs got out.  She is an escape artist!  I don't know why an acre isn't big enough for her!  Anyway, I went to bed & she still wasn't back.  My husband went outside & called her an hour later before he went to bed & here she came.  He lets her in the house & into our bedroom where her bed is.  HOW he failed to notice she had been VERY recently & VERY upclosely skunked is beyond me!!   :tickedoff:  The minute he let her in the smell was so strong it woke me up & made my eyes water!!  :'(  It was too late of course because she had already laid in her bed, rubbed against the bedskirt & the curtains!!  I tried everything, but my eyes watered for 3 weeks every time I went in our bed room!!  :knuppel2: Of course, I have never let him live it down!  >:D

EEEWWWW!!! I wouldn't either!

#135 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:02 AM

Stinky dog stories ....

While out caching on Saturday, we passed by a place in the country called "Stinky Dog Ranch".  We both had to laugh when we thought of this forum thread.  I wish I could remember exactly where it was, but it was somewhere NorthEast of Bryan, TX
Posted Image

#136 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:48 AM

Stinky dog stories ....

While out caching on Saturday, we passed by a place in the country called "Stinky Dog Ranch".  We both had to laugh when we thought of this forum thread.  I wish I could remember exactly where it was, but it was somewhere NorthEast of Bryan, TX

Sounds like some place just begging for a cache!  :2funny:

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

#137 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,315 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:49 AM

Stinky dog stories ....

Sounds like some place just begging for a cache!  :2funny:

There is Dogboy's Dog Ranch in Pflugerville. Could that have been it?

Help me help you.

#138 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,315 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:50 AM

There was a stong Breeze out in the field today  :)

Help me help you.

#139 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:18 PM

Great pic!  She's a beauty!  :)

#140 Lefty Writer

Lefty Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationLeague City, TX

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:25 PM

Putting on my serious cap for a minute...

Remember to pay attention to the type of dead bird it is, especially if it is fresh.  If it's a blue jay, crow, raven, magpie, or any other bird of the corvid family, it's best to avoid these all together.  The reason for this, as I'm sure most of yall know, is that the corvids are especially susceptible to West Nile virus.  I'm NOT saying this to alarm anyone, but if it wasn't trauma that killed the bird, it could have been sick.  WNV is not known to be transmitted from a dead bird to human, but if it was WNV, that means there could be mosquitos around that are carrying it.

I now return you to my usual silly posts...

carpe cerevisi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users