Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:24 PM

Ditto.

I love that second image. :D

Is that Bailey getting his butt whipped?
Posted Image

#42 Mr. KandRS

Mr. KandRS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:55 PM

Is that Bailey getting his butt whipped?

Yeah, he didn't get a vote on the new cat.  He's done pretty well with him so far though.

#43 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,326 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:40 AM

Breeze and Raine playing chase. They play pretty hard and when I got home and saw this first pic I took I died laughing.  Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#44 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:49 AM

Those are great pictures.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • LocationJust Off Bellaire Chinatown

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:05 PM

Our Smash is not quite as large as Breeze and Raine (only 11 pounds) but he does support our caching habit as long as there are treats for him... ::)
Posted Image

#46 Team CountryStylin

Team CountryStylin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:01 PM

Those are really great "action" shots GQ! :)

#47 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:21 PM

Here's the transformation, and here she is now

[House cleaning - attachment deleted by admin]

#48 skyfire97

skyfire97

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationCypress

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

I wanted to share a pic of our newest caching member.  We adopted Nyssa from BARC earlier today, so she hasn't had her first caching trip, but she does seem to be settling in here quite nicely.  Sassy (our cat) has already put Nyssa in her place a couple of times though.  We also have a guinea pig in our zoo.  :)

Posted Image

#49 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,326 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:30 AM

Wanna tango?  Playing around with new lens... watching the dogs play in the yard.

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#50 Team_J

Team_J

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationFarmington, NY

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:46 AM

500mm?  Nice.

Wanna tango?  Playing around with new lens... watching the dogs play in the yard.

#51 TeamThung

TeamThung

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationWhere Ever The GPSr or Lifesized TB Takes Us

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:03 PM

500mm?  Nice.

Man that pic is super crisp and the colors are really warm. Nice shot!

#52 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,326 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:37 PM

50m f/1.4 - I'm having hard time using it though. Sue wanted an easy lens she could shoot indoors with questionable lighting. The images are super sharp and crisp when I get a one though.

Help me help you.

#53 Team_J

Team_J

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationFarmington, NY

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

I read it too fast.  Or I typed too fast.  I thought you bought a second mortgage lens for a minute there.

500mm?  Nice.

#54 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,326 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:54 AM

Some more from this morning.

Help me help you.

#55 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,326 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:54 AM

The other 4-legged creature/s in the house.

Help me help you.

#56 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,326 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:51 PM

Here is Jake. The pup I picked up the other day. I contacted Scout's Honor a rescue here in Houston. We were able to get him to a vet and had him taken care of. He had buckshot in his rear paw which got infected and is heart worm positive.

I picked him up from the Vet on Friday and took him up north to another foster. He should be available to adopt in a couple of weeks when he gets neutered.

After two days at the vet and meeting his foster he was in much better spirits.

Help me help you.

#57 CANINE QUEEN

CANINE QUEEN

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Tx

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:07 PM

Can't imagine how I missed this topic before!!  I read you need to make the file size smaller but couldn't figure out how, so this might not work. Back to front: Callie - a "gift" from our son, Emerald "Emmie" dumped near our house, Pearl - my best dog, rescued from Galvez. Cty. animal shelter, Topaz - dumped at our family cemetary in the country as a puppy, Opal - sister to Topaz.

Okay, the file is only one picture, but is too big.  I have looked and looked but can't figure out how to make it smaller.  I'm sure you guys are as sick of reading "I can't figure it out" as I am typing it!  But, what can I say...not very technical!

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=ba9998b9-e

#58 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:26 PM

Nice head shot. I like cats as well as dogs.  I like the challenge of befriending a cat.  I remember spending about a year trying to pet this one cat.  After a year the cat actually would stop to let me pet him.  He was still a bit skittish but would quickly warm up to me.
Posted Image

#59 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:03 PM

That is a fantastic shot!  O0

...and an awesome thing to do for Jake!  O0 :)

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

#60 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,326 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

Jake has a somewhat interesting story.
He had been hanging around the neighborhood for a little over a month. The lady two houses down from me tried to "adopt" him. Well she got mad cause he kept breaking their fence. So she just let him go. (I found this out when I went to go for permission to take him being unsure about his ownership) For a month he had been disappearing in the evening but every morning to the minute would show up to mingle with the elementary kids at their bus stop.

A few days ago another concerned lady was walking him around on lead going door to door asking if he belonged to anyone. When she confronted me I said I believed he belonged to the lady two doors down. She said there was no answer and then her kid told me there had been a note on his collar that said "please take me". That was enough for me so the following day I confronted the lady two doors down to ask for permission to take him. She got all mad and went into this story about him breaking her fence and thought it wasn't right for a dog to act like that when you try to be nice to it. I stopped her mid way into her story and said I wanted to take him and wasn't there for her fence.

He hadn't been to concerned with me or the techs at the vet. When I picked him up on Friday and took him to the foster he didn't seem to care either.. but he looked a lot better. So as we were in the backyard the foster motions for her son to come out into the backyard to meet Jake. As soon as Jake saw her son his tail lit up and was going 90mph. Jake ran over to him jumped up and literally put his two front legs around the kid's waist like a hug. Later that evening the foster sent me an email saying that Jake cries anytime her son is out of sight.

I had a feeling he was a special dog. I'm hopeful the rescue will place him in a good home. He certainly deserves it.

Help me help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users