two dog knight

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:10 PM

Come post your photos of our four-legged friends

Posted Image

Sock Puppet used a picture of KATIE that was taken at the Chicken Little Event.  KATIE is a four legged friend of mine and I brought her along to the event.  She had a great time.  I was house/dog sitting for her parents while they were on a cruise.  I have no four legged friends of my own, I just love everyone else's pet.
I am the Two Dog Knight, and I approved this post.

#24 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:09 PM

I was thinking about having a Event for our four-legged family members some time after the first of the year.  Does anyone have a favorite dog park ???
Posted Image

#25 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,330 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:25 AM

I like the Katy Dog Park cause it gets very little traffic. I've never been there with more than 3 or 4 other dogs. However it's been closed for 2 months while they build a pond.

There is two new dog parks in Kingwood and Pearland.

Officer Lucy is a small nice park too and in a central location as well as Ervan and Levy parks.
They don't have ponds and are very small, but plenty big for us. Officer Lucy and Levy Parks will have parking issues. Ervan and Levy parks have wood mulch bedding on the ground. Horrible idea for a dog park.

I put together a list on another site that never went anywhere. It's still online.
Kindwood and Pearland parks haven't been added.

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#26 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,330 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:32 AM

I just want to add that the bigger parks like George Bush and Danny Jackson should not be considered. Those parks are busy almost all day every day. Too many dogs too many people. Just a dog fight or accident waiting to happen.

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#27 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:44 AM

Bill Archer Dog Park on Highway 6  has a huge area behind the main area where you could easily hold an event....plus get a Muddy Buddies and OSC cache to boot (ours is being changed out from a plastic ammo box to metal ammo can this week but it will be up soon...)  O0

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

#28 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,946 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:50 AM

Here is a nice rundown on area dog parks.  There's the Ella and Friends dog park in Deer Park that seems to be lightly used.  Plus there's a cache nearby!
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#29 Nov64

Nov64

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationWillis, Texas

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:23 PM

Thanks for the info...I will check them out after the first of the year (a good reason to go caching :))
Posted Image

#30 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,330 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

Another taken just a few minutes ago and another from the day we brought Raine home.
Raine is 28 weeks (not quite 7 months) Breeze 3.5 years.

Breeze is always happy, Raine though.. Receiving treats is serious business.

[House cleaning - attachment deleted by admin]

Help me help you.

#31 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:32 PM

Another taken just a few minutes ago and another from the day we brought Raine home.
Raine is 28 weeks (not quite 7 months) Breeze 3.5 years.

Breeze is always happy, Raine though.. Receiving treats is serious business.

Looks like Raine is going to get pretty big...  :)

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

#32 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:00 PM

Well, these next two pictures might constitute a little luck.  The first one is of our first Weim, Blue, and Fritz and it was taken in 2000.  Blue tragically died in 2002 from a sudden illness (which prompted us getting Bella later that year.)  Anyway, the picture of Blue and Fritz was an accident.  We happened to be out in our yard taking pictures of something else and caught Blue and Fritz in that photo.  The unusual thing is that Blue was total Alpha and NEVER paid Fritz or our cats (or any other dog for that matter) any attention.  He was an aloof dog.  We entered this picture in a contest and its in a coffee table book somewhere (it was way too expensive and we didn't get a comp of it)  Coincidentally, we got this shot of Bella and Fritz also.  It's weird because it is almost the same shot.  (Had to touch up that photo a little in the right corner though.)  It's also funny because after Blue died and Bella came along, Fritz became Alpha.  To this day its funny to see a little dog like that boss around an 80lb Weim....

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

#33 bobisculous

bobisculous

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:54 PM

At the moms house, we have Landa (named after Landa Park in New Braunfels) a blue heeler:

Posted Image

Then, she has a new buddy whom she hates named "Lautie" as in the saying "Well, Lautie Dah." Not sure what my mom was thinking when she named her. Apparently though, recently they play together, but Landa growls all the time at Lautie. Landa is rather anti-social. She is gonna have to get over that...

Here's the n00b, another blue heeler pup:

Posted Image

Next to her entire self, is Bronx's head. My brothers horse.
And one more of Lautie being towered over by Bronx and Jersey, my brother's other dog.

Posted Image

-Cameron

#34 One of the Texas Vikings

One of the Texas Vikings

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationHumble

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:28 PM

As a side note, hunters, field trial experts, back packers and vets all recommend that if you take your dog into the fields and woods, etc... please take a good pair of side cutter pliers with you.
  A downed fence or barbed wire can ruin your and the dog's day without you being able to cut it to get them out. I always bring a pair. And a small doggie first aid kit too. You can get a doggie first aid kit online, it includes styptic pencil, for cut pads, eye wash, etc... I haven't had to use it yet.

(I went into Walmart one day looking for a styptic pencil and couldn't find it. I asked one of our local youths who worked there and he said the school supplies, were over there.....)

If you have ever been out with a dog, who has cut it's pad, you will know what I mean. The pads have a tremendous blood supply and they bleed like a stuck hog (?) from a pad cut. I was hunting with my Irish setter in Michigan, years ago and she cut her pad. I expected CSI to show up at any time and follow the blood trail.....

#35 Scott...yer CRAZY

Scott...yer CRAZY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:56 PM

Outdoor Adventures with Dogs Free clinic at REI Willowbrook, Late January '08

#36 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,330 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:39 PM

Sorry to post so many pictures... but you asked for it... :)

So... Not only did Raine make the (according to my track log) 8.62 mile One Cache Loop hike today. He also made in home just in time to graduate from obedience class this evening.

Needless to say, he is out. Ain't moving for nothing dead tired .

Help me help you.

#37 Mr. KandRS

Mr. KandRS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:18 AM

This is our newest monster.  His momma was a stray a friend rescued and he needed a home.  It has been an interesting week with him around.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:21 AM

I love that second image. :D

#39 semik

semik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:21 PM

We live in the Austin area, but I too couldn't resist this thread.  Our geopups are a huge part of our geocaching experiences.  Both ankle-biters have made 8+ mile hikes through hill country terrain with us and did the Texas Challenge with us when it was at Inks (we thought better of it at Brazos Bend and got a dog-sitter).  Posted Image

#40 Team_J

Team_J

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationFarmington, NY

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:49 PM

Ditto.

I love that second image. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users