Photo

I'm on a quest any body wanna help me...

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#41 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:11 PM

I was going to jump in and I bookmarked a few cave caches in Austin. Well work is taking over ... so I had to back off a bit.

Here is my bookmark list http://www.geocachin...38-dbff7f79a564

Thanks Rick.  I did not pick up on the Midnight Cave Earthcache.
Posted Image

#42 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,384 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 20 November 2005 - 10:33 PM

I was going to jump in and I bookmarked a few cave caches in Austin. Well work is taking over ... so I had to back off a bit.

I don't think that he Midnight Cave will qualify since it is just an earthcache and won't have a log.  I think the requirement says they have to have a log except for the virtual cache requirement.  We did Cave Cache today.  It fits the requirements, but probably is not as spectacular as Midnight Cave sounds.  We didn't do Midnight Cave.
Posted Image

#43 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:02 PM

I don't think that he Midnight Cave will qualify since it is just an earthcache and won't have a log.  I think the requirement says they have to have a log except for the virtual cache requirement.  We did Cave Cache today.  It fits the requirements, but probably is not as spectacular as Midnight Cave sounds.  We didn't do Midnight Cave.

The forum on the game board indicated that the earthcache is OK.
Posted Image

#44 Chance Encounter

Chance Encounter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:03 PM

If I've read the forums correctly, I believe that cachunuts have stated that Earthcaches would be acceptable for the cave cache if you take a photo of yourself at the cache site.  Of course, I'd re-read the forums before heading out on a long road trip in case I've misinterpreted their post.

#45 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,384 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:01 AM

Tonight is the first time I read any of the forums for the CoinQuest game.  I read the thing about the earthcache.  It sounds like the earthcache is ok.  I was just coming back to this forum to post it and I see that I've already been corrected. 

It will be interesting to see what cave caches others in our area do.  We took a picture of our cave and posted it on the cache site, but it was actually a loggable cave. 
Posted Image

#46 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:16 PM

Tonight is the first time I read any of the forums for the CoinQuest game.  I read the thing about the earthcache.  It sounds like the earthcache is ok.  I was just coming back to this forum to post it and I see that I've already been corrected. 

It will be interesting to see what cave caches others in our area do.  We took a picture of our cave and posted it on the cache site, but it was actually a loggable cave. 

I just got back from Austin.  I did 2 cave caches (Midnight Cave and Cave Cache), 1 cache placed by CacheChow (a dog), 1 cache with a statue, and 3 puzzle caches.

I would say that the Cave Cache is rather small in comparison to the Midnight Cave but it does have a logbook and a physical cache.   
Posted Image

#47 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:35 PM

I just want all you cache-hounds to be thinkin about me while you're out in this BEAUTIFUL weather....cuz I'm at home steamcleaning carpets and painting....again. :( I'm like Pepper was a while back...livin my hobby vicariously through ya'll.

#48 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:37 PM

I just want all you cache-hounds to be thinkin about me while you're out in this BEAUTIFUL weather....cuz I'm at home steamcleaning carpets and painting....again. :( I'm like Pepper was a while back...livin my hobby vicariously through ya'll.

I hope it is in your new home O0
Posted Image

#49 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:40 PM

Nope....not YET....puttin this one back on the market. Its lookin good and I feel like it'll sell quickly soooooo...hopefully not long....ifn yer a prayin man, I'd appreciate a prayer or two  :)

#50 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:40 PM

Nope....not YET....puttin this one back on the market. Its lookin good and I feel like it'll sell quickly soooooo...hopefully not long....ifn yer a prayin man, I'd appreciate a prayer or two  :)

You got it!
Posted Image

#51 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:29 PM

"Dear Lord, please help Tx secsy sell her house.  Oh, and if you could give me a hint on next weeks lottery numbers, that'd be great.  Amen. :angel:
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#52 Pepper

Pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationAlvin, Texas

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:11 PM

Hea y'all I haven't been here in a few days and it's nice to see some of you locals jumped into the game with me, I was begining to wonder if it was gonna be just me and LadyCacher (Granbury TX).  Ok my road trip is tomorrow morning the twins and I are headed out at about 5AM I have a list of caches to get on the way there to set me up for #3000.  So for those of you that have done Cave Cache is it exceptiable for a milestone?  Other than the cave cache I have everything I need to get all my puzzle pieces. :P

Now for the PROBLEM I'm not a puzzle girl, so I could just end up at dead last! :( (how sad), but on the plus side the game and the cool weather came along at the same time so I've been able to get out and CACHE and actually ENJOY myself (no sweating) that's a good thing.

Pepper

#53 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:41 PM

Hea y'all I haven't been here in a few days and it's nice to see some of you locals jumped into the game with me, I was begining to wonder if it was gonna be just me and LadyCacher (Granbury TX).  Ok my road trip is tomorrow morning the twins and I are headed out at about 5AM I have a list of caches to get on the way there to set me up for #3000.  So for those of you that have done Cave Cache is it exceptiable for a milestone?  Other than the cave cache I have everything I need to get all my puzzle pieces. :P

Now for the PROBLEM I'm not a puzzle girl, so I could just end up at dead last! :( (how sad), but on the plus side the game and the cool weather came along at the same time so I've been able to get out and CACHE and actually ENJOY myself (no sweating) that's a good thing.

Pepper

The Cave Cache was OK.  I thought the Midnight Cave Earthcache was a better cave.
Posted Image

#54 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:23 PM

Hey Pepper I thought you were gonna hit the big 3k the other day......good idea to save it for some majestic site in the Hill Country.  Congratulations on your acheivement.  I think I may never make 3000.  Good luck keeping those girls in hand, those were some caching maniacs if I have ever seen 'em.  Sure would be good to have their talent at the SETX camp in the next TC.  Sorry for being off topic.

#55 Pepper

Pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationAlvin, Texas

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:51 PM

Just got back from Austin and wow am I pooped!
tThose twins of mine ran me ragged and well they found half and I found half of the caches we hunted today.
I did manage to get my last puzzle piece today "A CAVE" and thank you SP for you suggestion I did go for the Midnight Cave it was very cool and the twins well they found some fine climbing trees in the area.  Now all there is left to do is log all the caches and well solve the puzzle .

Oh and Ray the twins and I will go caching with ya anytime, there are GREAT cache finders.
All ya gotta do is tell how many 100ft and in what direction and there off...normally with a cache in hand when I catch up to them.

Pepper

#56 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:04 PM

Just got back from Austin and wow am I pooped!
tThose twins of mine ran me ragged and well they found half and I found half of the caches we hunted today.
I did manage to get my last puzzle piece today "A CAVE" and thank you SP for you suggestion I did go for the Midnight Cave it was very cool and the twins well they found some fine climbing trees in the area.  Now all there is left to do is log all the caches and well solve the puzzle .

Oh and Ray the twins and I will go caching with ya anytime, there are GREAT cache finders.
All ya gotta do is tell how many 100ft and in what direction and there off...normally with a cache in hand when I catch up to them.

Pepper

Congrats on 3000 caches and 100 hidden.  Two great milestones.  Glad you liked the Midnight Cave.  Pretty posh area.
Posted Image

#57 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:58 PM

I have placed three or four new caches around town that I have not placed on GC yet.  Good place to catch a FTF.  More will be placed shortly

One is near Hobby Airport
Second is in Hockley
Third is downtown

I know where there is a mine here in Harris Co, thirty miles from Houston in Hockley

Statues are all over town

Couple of caches with Rivers in them
Try me on others

There are 14 players playing around the Houston Area

PEPPER is in the lead, moving up to fifth place
MEDTEXPLACER,  THE HAZELNUTS,  MUDDY BUDDIES,  is next in line with 12 each
HOUSTON CONTROL,  ZZZWOOT,  GSGURU8306, OHL HOCKEY GUY, STAR_AVI8R,  CHANCE ENCOUNTER,  and  DREW8  range from 6 to 10 logs
Just starting is  THOT,  TEAM TEXAS FLASH,  and JERIHEND

Again who needs what?

You can reply here;  e-mail me  at  GEOPARKERPLUS@YAHOO.COM;  or call me at  281  734 6564

#58 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:42 PM

I have placed three or four new caches around town that I have not placed on GC yet.  Good place to catch a FTF.  More will be placed shortly

One is near Hobby Airport
Second is in Hockley
Third is downtown

I know where there is a mine here in Harris Co, thirty miles from Houston in Hockley

Statues are all over town

Couple of caches with Rivers in them
Try me on others

There are 14 players playing around the Houston Area

PEPPER is in the lead, moving up to fifth place
MEDTEXPLACER,  THE HAZELNUTS,  MUDDY BUDDIES,  is next in line with 12 each
HOUSTON CONTROL,  ZZZWOOT,  GSGURU8306, OHL HOCKEY GUY, STAR_AVI8R,  CHANCE ENCOUNTER,  and  DREW8  range from 6 to 10 logs
Just starting is  THOT,  TEAM TEXAS FLASH,  and JERIHEND

Again who needs what?

You can reply here;  e-mail me  at  GEOPARKERPLUS@YAHOO.COM;  or call me at  281  734 6564

Thanks for the kind offer.  I have everything I need.  I did not know about a cave or mine in Hockley.  I would probably make the trip anyway just to see the site and find the cache.
Posted Image

#59 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:30 PM

Thanks Parker, I only need the cave one. Then, I sit and wait for my time to log them in. Where is the mine in Hockley? Will it work for the cave requirement? I missed my chance last weekend while in Austin to grab a cave cache..  :'(
gsguru

#60 Pepper

Pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationAlvin, Texas

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:39 PM

PARKERPLUS your an :angel:!  What would we do without cha YOU ROCK!!!!!

Hockley hmmm...maybe that would be a good place for an earthcache?

Oh btw which way is Hockley (time to take a look a my DeLorme software).

So how is everybody doing with the treasure map?

Pepper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users