Photo

I'm on a quest any body wanna help me...

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#21 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:49 PM

"Stuff you might need" has the same last 3 digits. 
Posted Image

#22 Chance Encounter

Chance Encounter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:11 AM

I've taken the plunge and logged my first find.  Too bad you can't re-visit a cache you've already been to...

#23 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 01:58 PM

I've taken the plunge and logged my first find.  Too bad you can't re-visit a cache you've already been to...

That's my problem as well. Oh well, road trip!
Posted Image

#24 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:48 PM

Bosun's new Crown Bend Lookout is directly above the Washburn Tunnel, which passes under the Houston Ship Channel.

As far as caves, the only one I know about is a small one at Mudfrog and Chicken's Teran multicache.

Good luck!

The tunnel has to be a mine tunnel. Teran is a multi-cache but the cave is at Waypoint 2 so it does not qualify unless the cave is near the final cache.

The statue cache only needs to have a staue mentioned.  The Bishop Fiorenza cache has a picture of a statue of t he thinker so the cache just needs to mention the thinker (hint,hint)
Posted Image

#25 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:47 AM

Bosun's new Crown Bend Lookout is directly above the Washburn Tunnel, which passes under the Houston Ship Channel.

As far as caves, the only one I know about is a small one at Mudfrog and Chicken's Teran multicache.

Good luck!

The tunnel has to be a mine tunnel. Teran is a multi-cache but the cave is at Waypoint 2 so it does not qualify unless the cave is near the final cache.

Oh darn,  I thought that I'd just have to go to the Washburn tunnel for cave one.  Oh well, it looks like a road trip for us too.  Who wants to go? 

I also am trying to figure out what dog cache that I'm going to do since the ones that I know of I've already done. 
Posted Image

#26 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,326 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:09 AM

Did a google search for caves in Houston. Apparently there are some and even a group who actively seeks them out. I couldn't find a listing though..

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#27 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:32 PM

After going back and reading the requirements for the near a cave, it says it only has to be a hole in the ground.  I think that Crown Bend Outlook might work.  It is a tunnel that is a big hole.  I haven't done this cache, so I don't really know whether it will fit or not. 

I did several caches today that will fit requirements for the game.  There are a few that I'll actually have to travel aways to get to since I've already found the ones that are close. 
Posted Image

#28 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:06 AM

After going back and reading the requirements for the near a cave, it says it only has to be a hole in the ground.  I think that Crown Bend Outlook might work.  It is a tunnel that is a big hole.  I haven't done this cache, so I don't really know whether it will fit or not. 

I did several caches today that will fit requirements for the game.  There are a few that I'll actually have to travel aways to get to since I've already found the ones that are close. 

The problem is you have to be able to see the cave, mine tunnel, or hole from the cache site.  Since the cache is north west of the tunnel you can;t really see it fro mthe cache location.
Posted Image

#29 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:11 AM

Good luck!

Oh darn,  I thought that I'd just have to go to the Washburn tunnel for cave one.  Oh well, it looks like a road trip for us too.  Who wants to go? 

I also am trying to figure out what dog cache that I'm going to do since the ones that I know of I've already done. 

I'm interested in a road trip! When in Austin we could just do a grlChow cache for the dog cache. 
Posted Image

#30 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,920 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:58 AM

I jumped into this game too.  Do you think Crown Bend Lookout would qualify for the scenic view?  You can see a pretty long way... just not sure how scenic it is. :P
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#31 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:49 PM

I jumped into this game too.  Do you think Crown Bend Lookout would qualify for the scenic view?  You can see a pretty long way... just not sure how scenic it is. :P

I thought about using it for a scenic view given that there are so few views that large of the ship channel.  I did a cache today called the A Walk with A View in Kingwood.  The view was spectacular!  Perhaps BayClif would be good.
Posted Image

#32 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,920 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 19 November 2005 - 05:25 PM

I've done A Walk with a View.  You're right, that is a nice view.  Not to blow my own horn, but Oilfield Cache might qualify for a nice view.

BTW, I'm waiting for a cache I placed today to be approved.  That will satisfy my game requirement to place a cache and it could help you guys meet one of several requirements for the game as well. O0  Stay tuned.....

#33 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:02 PM

I've done A Walk with a View.  You're right, that is a nice view.  Not to blow my own horn, but Oilfield Cache might qualify for a nice view.

BTW, I'm waiting for a cache I placed today to be approved.  That will satisfy my game requirement to place a cache and it could help you guys meet one of several requirements for the game as well. O0  Stay tuned.....

I hope it is by a cave or mine tunnel O0
Posted Image

#34 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:05 PM

I placed a cache which has the name River in it, mentions a statue, in a forest, has two sets of consecutive numbers all the same .999 and .999.  How's that for a wild card.  The only problem is it is not easy to find.
Posted Image

#35 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:08 PM

and here is one for a dog ... so sad it was living when I found it ...

Toby's Cache In Memory Of

Oh oh that's good it's much closer than the one I found named Doggie Cache in the Woodlands.

I'm gonna TRY and hold my number 10 spot, stay tuned we'll see how it goes. :)

Pepper

Congrats to Pepper on moving up to number 6. BTW I read in the forums that a cache at a Dog Park qualifies.
Posted Image

#36 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,920 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:15 PM

I guess any cache by Skammer would qualify as the dog cache?

#37 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:40 PM

I guess any cache by Skammer would qualify as the dog cache?

I never thought of that but after reading the bio I guess that is right.  After all Blanco finds more caches than Robert or Shannon. :D
Posted Image

#38 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:30 AM

I placed a cache which has the name River in it, mentions a statue, in a forest, has two sets of consecutive numbers all the same .999 and .999.  How's that for a wild card.  The only problem is it is not easy to find.

Sockpuppet is correct...it's not easy to find.  You'll have to work for this one. 
Posted Image

#39 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,920 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:13 AM

I got my FTF this morning on WCB's The Other Side of the Park.  Looking back, I'm surprised I'm not still out there looking.  Very evil placement -- a concealed micro in a sea of micros. >:D  Definitely tougher than the one star it is rated, IMHO.

#40 Team Texas Flash

Team Texas Flash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBoerne, Texas

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:22 AM

I was going to jump in and I bookmarked a few cave caches in Austin. Well work is taking over ... so I had to back off a bit.

Here is my bookmark list http://www.geocachin...38-dbff7f79a564

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users