Photo

I'm on a quest any body wanna help me...

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 Pepper

Pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationAlvin, Texas

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:10 PM

I'm wanting to find a cache traditional cache located by a statue or somewhere near by I know you big number folks up there should be able to help me on this....please.

Also are there any mine tunnel caches kind of close that I could be pointed in the direction of.

thanks in advance for any help y'all could give a girl

Pepper

#2 Chance Encounter

Chance Encounter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 01:57 PM

My Beaumont City Parks Tour, Part 2 begins at a large statue of a Confederate soldier.

Numerous virtuals involve statues, including Welcome To My Parlor and Tribute To Courage, but you specified traditional caches, so I guess these won't work.

Depending upon how close you need the cache container to be to the statue, you might look into Just Another Micro, which is less than 0.25 miles from the large statue of Sam Houston at Hermann Circle.

Of course, if you can use a terracache instead, you should check my Works Of David Cargill multicache, which takes you to ten different sculptures.

Hope this helps!

#3 Pepper

Pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationAlvin, Texas

Posted 14 November 2005 - 02:00 PM

Oh my gosh chance thank you  ;Dso much I have been looking at cache pages for hours now!  You Rock!!!!! :)

now all i need is a cave or tunnel and i'll be good to go

Pepper

#4 Chance Encounter

Chance Encounter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 02:15 PM

Bosun's new Crown Bend Lookout is directly above the Washburn Tunnel, which passes under the Houston Ship Channel.

As far as caves, the only one I know about is a small one at Mudfrog and Chicken's Teran multicache.

Good luck!

#5 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 14 November 2005 - 02:16 PM

Too bad the White Hole doesn't exist any more. :(

#6 Pepper

Pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationAlvin, Texas

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:15 PM

;D Ok i forgot to let y'all know what I was up to!

I'm playing an adventure game that started on the 12th of November you can read about here: http://www.cachunuts...est/require.asp
\

I'm already hooked it's just something fun to do with a nice twist.

It's also being talked about here: http://forums.ground...howtopic=113716

thanks for all the help gosh y'all are a great group of folks.

Pepper

#7 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:28 PM

This cache has the three numbers the same:

http://www.geocachin...ec-b5801a20297c
Posted Image

#8 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,946 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:58 PM

My Hometown History cache starts at a statue.  It's a short mystery cache with the final real cache with a logbook within sight of the statue.  I know it's in crummy ol' Baytown, but at least it's a little closer than Beaumont...
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#9 Team Texas Flash

Team Texas Flash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBoerne, Texas

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:18 PM

This may be one for the ... little girl cache

Christian's Pretty Stuff Cache

#10 Team Texas Flash

Team Texas Flash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBoerne, Texas

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:21 PM

and here is one for a dog ... so sad it was living when I found it ...

Toby's Cache In Memory Of

#11 Team Texas Flash

Team Texas Flash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBoerne, Texas

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:36 PM

ok ... I almost went after this one this past summer ... it's a long drive ... how bad do you have it?  ;D

Cave Dwellers

#12 Pepper

Pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationAlvin, Texas

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:00 PM

This may be one for the ... little girl cache

Christian's Pretty Stuff Cache

TTF I've got that one printed out it's on my list!

Oh man you guys so rock!  Why don't y'all play to we can help each other out, what a kick.
It's not about the coin (well it is incentive) but it's just something new and different.  The Adventure game sure put a fire under my butt and got me to moving.  Come y'all come out and play with Pepper.

Oh and that cave cache I all ready knew I was gonna have to take a road trip to get and I figured it would be towards the hill country.  Bummer about those stupid movie makers at the cave, don't they know there interrupting a geo game for goodness sakes!

#13 Pepper

Pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationAlvin, Texas

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:05 PM

and here is one for a dog ... so sad it was living when I found it ...

Toby's Cache In Memory Of

Oh oh that's good it's much closer than the one I found named Doggie Cache in the Woodlands.

I'm gonna TRY and hold my number 10 spot, stay tuned we'll see how it goes. :)

Pepper

#14 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:02 PM

I already did this one called PAWS:

http://www.geocachin...fb-7dedce5cdc3b
Posted Image

#15 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:48 PM

BELL PARK statue of Columbus:

http://www.geocachin...35-65f22d1117c6
Posted Image

#16 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,390 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:55 PM

I thought that I would just check out the game and I decided that I could have my FTF on the 12th, the event on the 13th, the micro or the statue on the 14th.  Well it doesn't work that way.  I started to log for what was to be counted on the 12th and then went to enter in the 2nd thing for the 2nd day, and I have to wait 24 hours to even log something.  This is just not the way I cache.  I do my caching in spurts and mostly on the weekends, and then I would have to remember to log at the same time during the day if I did do something everyday or else lose out on a day.  I guess I'm rambling and may not make much sense, but even though I checked into the game and it sounds like fun, it may not be practical for me to do this one. 
Posted Image

#17 Pepper

Pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationAlvin, Texas

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:35 AM

Muddy Buddie actually I cache in spurts also it doesn't matter you can go out and get all the requirements on day and then just sit back and log them every 24 hrs.  You don't have to do the cache requirement on the your gonna log it.  Everything you do after November 12th counts.  If they didn't set the game up the way they did it would only last one day.  Ah well to each his own I shall Trude on after today I should have all the required caches for the puzzle pieces.  Then I still have 13 days to go out and get the view and mine.  Road trip to Austin should be big fun.  Hmmm...maybe i'll hit 3000 on that road trip, no matter I'm having a blast.

Pepper

#18 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 06:21 AM

See you in Austin. O0
Posted Image

#19 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:55 PM

I, too, am going to Austin this weekend. My friend is getting a bit impatient because I haven't made time for him..... uugghhhhh.....  ;D  ;D

Woohoo. I like this game. Not sure how I'll fair but I'm already signed up and started to play. Should be lots of fun. The creativity of people fascinates me!
gsguru

#20 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:26 PM

My Beaumont City Parks Tour, Part 2 begins at a large statue of a Confederate soldier.

Numerous virtuals involve statues, including Welcome To My Parlor and Tribute To Courage, but you specified traditional caches, so I guess these won't work.

Depending upon how close you need the cache container to be to the statue, you might look into Just Another Micro, which is less than 0.25 miles from the large statue of Sam Houston at Hermann Circle.

Of course, if you can use a terracache instead, you should check my Works Of David Cargill multicache, which takes you to ten different sculptures.

Hope this helps!

Actually a statue jus needs to be mentioned or visible from the cache.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users