17 replies to this topic

#1 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:03 PM

A new cache showed up in the southwest called One Degree of Separation - Harwin.  Benttandem went out and searched for awhile for it.  I went out and searched probably almost an hour for it.  MedTexplacer went and searched for it.  Stan went out at lunch and searched for it.  Texas Dreamweaver went out and searched for it.  We all came up empty handed.  Stan had told me, "Watch. Some newbie will probably come out and find it."  Sure enough, a cacher with only 8 cache finds shows up and finds it.  Should we all be embarassed? 
Posted Image

#2 motexoutlaw

motexoutlaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSt. Peters, MO

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

A new cache showed up in the southwest called One Degree of Separation - Harwin.  Benttandem went out and searched for awhile for it.  I went out and searched probably almost an hour for it.  MedTexplacer went and searched for it.  Stan went out at lunch and searched for it.  Texas Dreamweaver went out and searched for it.  We all came up empty handed.  Stan had told me, "Watch. Some newbie will probably come out and find it."  Sure enough, a cacher with only 8 cache finds shows up and finds it.  Should we all be embarassed? 

Reminds me of another FTH Coup d'etat

Who got embarrassed way back then?  :o

#3 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:45 PM

Hardly, it's just like in sports when Team A is supposed to destroy Team B.  They still have to go out and play the game. 

Same here.  It's a kudos and tip of the hat to the new cacher!  O0

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

#4 Texas Dreamweaver

Texas Dreamweaver

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Texas

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:50 PM

Hardly, it's just like in sports when Team A is supposed to destroy Team B.  They still have to go out and play the game. 

Same here.  It's a kudos and tip of the hat to the new cacher!  O0

Yea, I think that maybe I am getting too "experienced" (jaded) on expecting an ODS to be like a BTH.  Congrats to the FTF and I will have to return to figure out where I went wrong.

#5 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:08 PM

That FTF was priceless.  It felt so good to beat Geowyz to this cache.  I hope that the newbie feels some satisfaction in beating us all out of that FTF.  Congratulations to her. 
Posted Image

#6 Texas Dreamweaver

Texas Dreamweaver

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Texas

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:10 PM

That FTF was priceless.  It felt so good to beat Geowyz to this cache.  I hope that the newbie feels some satisfaction in beating us all out of that FTF.  Congratulations to her. 

It's a her?  I got beat by a girl?

Oh, well, it wouldn't be the first time.  Darn, we now have a new FTF hound on the west side.  Things just got tougher....

#7 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:29 PM

A FTF within the first 8 caches is awesome!    O0

It was cache #14 before we got our first FTF.  ::)
Posted Image

#8 MunkieBread

MunkieBread

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:00 PM

My first 2 finds were both FTFs. Quercus virginiana and The Flower Man.

#9 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:26 PM

Show off.  :D
Posted Image

#10 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:42 PM

It's a her?  I got beat by a girl?

Oh, well, it wouldn't be the first time.  Darn, we now have a new FTF hound on the west side.  Things just got tougher....

Yes, it's a girl.  Actually, the screenname is a couple and their daughter, but for this find, it was just the female.  I just wish that I'd been the girl to beat you.    :D
Posted Image

#11 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:02 PM

Ours was a Co-FTF with one of the RedEyeRebels, Wes.  O0  It was our 4th find!

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

#12 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:15 PM

My first FTF was MuddyBuddies Fiorenza's Outcasts. I found it before 6 am to beat geowyz too.  I didn't have to worry about beating the MB's ;) This was my 37th find.
Posted Image

#13 Benttandem

Benttandem

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:23 AM

Well we blame it all on the rain.  After Ms Benttandem headed for the car, I got an old plastic poncho and went back.  This caused my glasses to fog up.  Then I was sure the neck of the beer bottle was a film cannister and pulled it out.  Apparently, we were just not looking for the right thing.  We are a little slow anyway.  We had over 400 caches before we got a FTF.  Congratulations to Ms Abe. :)

#14 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:06 PM

Finally went back an looked and my first FTF was my 8th find.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:49 PM

My first FTF was my 36th find... and I had to go 53 miles to get that one!  There weren't a lot of caches being placed on the eastside at that time.

On that note, I got 2 FTF's today on Dead Poet's caches and a 3rd to find on a cache that has been out almost a year and a half (GCT95M)O0
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#16 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:20 AM

My first FTF was my 36th find... and I had to go 53 miles to get that one!  There weren't a lot of caches being placed on the eastside at that time.

On that note, I got 2 FTF's today on Dead Poet's caches and a 3rd to find on a cache that has been out almost a year and a half (GCT95M)O0

That's an impressive feat for the three caching teams that found it...it would take a lot out of us to watch a film and do that....

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

#17 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:36 AM

That's an impressive feat for the three caching teams that found it...it would take a lot out of us to watch a film and do that....

We didn't watch the film to figure this one out.  We just surfed the internet for the answers.  Some were a little harder than others to find.  I understand it is a pretty trashy movie, so I wouldn't have sat through it.  I think that this cache ended up being in that shaded area of Dave's, but since it's been awhile since we found it, I'm not 100% sure of that.  I did notice that there is a Big Lebowski II in Tennessee.  I looked to see if it was a Chance Encounter one too, but it appears that it is hidden by someone that was hanging around Chance while he was there. 
Posted Image

#18 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:50 AM

I didn't watch the movie either.  I got the aswers via Google and "other means".  The cache was definitely in the "shaded area".  I was a little reluctant to leave my new cachemobile unattended to search for the cache, but it all worked out.  They're actually putting in a lot of improvements at that park and it looks like it's going to be really nice when they finish.
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users