Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,360 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

[glow=red,10,600]HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/glow]

KIRBYDOX

I hope you are getting lots of puzzle caches found on your birthday trip.

Posted Image

#423 Kirbydox

Kirbydox

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationWest Houston

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:14 AM

Thanks everyone. I managed to get a few puzzles on Monday when it was 44 degrees and raining. Mr. Kirbydox was very patient and didn't roll his eyes or ask "are we done yet?" once!  :)

I was going to spend all day yesterday in one of the parks but got a flat tire and bent the rim. Called AAA and they sent out a kid who didn't know his way around Austin and was asking me for directions.  :tickedoff:  An hour and a half later he arrives, tries to change the tire and shears off 2 lug nuts. Oh joy. He calls a flat bed wrecker to tow the car to a tire place, the wrecker takes an hour to find us (mind you I am near the corner of Loop 360 South and Mopac Expwy - a semi major intersection). They try to blame the sheared lug nuts on my flat - no way! :knuppel2:  Get to the tire place and find out Mr. KD has been a little lax about his tire maintenance and I need new tires plus the new posts and lug nuts.  :o It took a couple of hours and I had no caches loaded for this area. Rats! By this time the day is pretty much gone and I'm sure I'm jinxed so I go back to the hotel room and curl up in a fetal ball.  :'( :'(

When Mr. KD gets out of his Transportation Forum I greet him with "Hi hon, guess what I got you? Four new tires and an alignment. Happy anniversary!"  Yes, yesterday was also our anniversary. We went out and had a nice dinner, so it ended well. And it's just possible that I'll have time to grab a couple more puzzles before we leave.

#424 bbqbob2

bbqbob2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationSEHo

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

A rough time, but you stayed cool and got through with your sense of humor intact.
Happy birthday and anniversary, and good luck with those caches!

#425 JustKeely

JustKeely

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • LocationKaty

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:12 PM

Happy Birthday JoyRose!  I know it's been a trying year with HubbyBull's health issues, but you are always willing to go caching with people, anytime.  That's awesome.  Hope this next year is a good one for you.
come visit me at www.stateofwilderness.com

#426 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

Thanks everyone. I managed to get a few puzzles on Monday when it was 44 degrees and raining. Mr. Kirbydox was very patient and didn't roll his eyes or ask "are we done yet?" once!  :)

I was going to spend all day yesterday in one of the parks but got a flat tire and bent the rim. Called AAA and they sent out a kid who didn't know his way around Austin and was asking me for directions.  :tickedoff:  An hour and a half later he arrives, tries to change the tire and shears off 2 lug nuts. Oh joy. He calls a flat bed wrecker to tow the car to a tire place, the wrecker takes an hour to find us (mind you I am near the corner of Loop 360 South and Mopac Expwy - a semi major intersection). They try to blame the sheared lug nuts on my flat - no way! :knuppel2:  Get to the tire place and find out Mr. KD has been a little lax about his tire maintenance and I need new tires plus the new posts and lug nuts.  :o It took a couple of hours and I had no caches loaded for this area. Rats! By this time the day is pretty much gone and I'm sure I'm jinxed so I go back to the hotel room and curl up in a fetal ball.  :'( :'(

When Mr. KD gets out of his Transportation Forum I greet him with "Hi hon, guess what I got you? Four new tires and an alignment. Happy anniversary!"  Yes, yesterday was also our anniversary. We went out and had a nice dinner, so it ended well. And it's just possible that I'll have time to grab a couple more puzzles before we leave.

Bent rim?  Have you been taking driving lessons from GeoReynozos???  :2funny:

Glad it worked out OK (eventually) and Happy B-day and Happy Anniversary!
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#427 Kirbydox

Kirbydox

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationWest Houston

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

Yes, I have! She's a great off-road driver.  :D :D  I was on-road so I can't blame this on Elisa.  ::)  I hit the curb when the tire blew and bent the rim. Luckily I wasn't going that fast.

#428 Mrs. ATMA

Mrs. ATMA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationHome Sweet Home

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

Happy Anniversary! Mr. & Mrs. Kirbydox - Sorry for all the problems but getting 4 new tires and a geocaching trip is an awesome way to celebrate! Oh, and dinner too!  ;)

#429 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

Yes, I have! She's a great off-road driver.  :D :D  I was on-road so I can't blame this on Elisa.  ::)  I hit the curb when the tire blew and bent the rim. Luckily I wasn't going that fast.

You know HC would make a great Hood Ornament for the "old stuck bucket" instead of the deer I ranover the other day.  I think people would be jealous and think I am driving a Jag!!  I can get HC stuffed like a jaguar running for his prey.  Anyone know a great taxidermist?  I think I'd look pretty good when I go off roading!!  :2funny: :2funny:  :P

#430 georeyna

georeyna

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • LocationH-Town

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:58 PM

Happy Birthday Mr. Baby Cakes!!
:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

#431 two dog knight

two dog knight

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

Happy Birthday Jason
I am the Two Dog Knight, and I approved this post.

#432 Kirbydox

Kirbydox

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationWest Houston

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

Yes, Happy Birthday Jason!!   :D :D

#433 AggieJWP

AggieJWP

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationMissouri City, Texas

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

Happy birthday Jason!

#434 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,360 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

Happy Birthday, Jason.
Posted Image

#435 TeamThung

TeamThung

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationWhere Ever The GPSr or Lifesized TB Takes Us

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

Happy Birthday J. O0

What did you get for your birthday?

#436 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,259 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

Thanks!.
I haven't gotten anything so far. Probably just some giftcards. I'm going out with the family this weekend so I won't know till then. However I do know the parents are giving me money to renew my SP pass.
img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report obusive, offensive, and or objectionial message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Besides, it's good for you after all those buttery hot tortillas you've been porkin'

#437 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • LocationJust Off Bellaire Chinatown

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

:)  Dogonnit!  BabyCakes is one of our pet names for someone else, which includes the name BD.  Our one and only daughter (Baby Daughter i.e. BD) is just a bit more "experienced" than you are and we we will be wishing her the best next month, but we are both so glad to know the geekqualizer, 4Paw, Jason,....you get the idea.....

We are both so glad you came along to give us all this venue to talk to each other and meet and greet.  It has been a most pleasurable part of this game of geocaching, and you need to stick out your chest and enjoy the fact that there are many of Houston's best finders and hiders that think you have really been one of THE assets to the game......

Hope this is one of your best years ever!!!!!!!!! 

May you have all the very best on this special day.

#438 TeamThung

TeamThung

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationWhere Ever The GPSr or Lifesized TB Takes Us

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:07 PM

I thought everyone forgot about that. ;)

#439 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,259 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

I thought everyone forgot about that. ;)

...and man did it backfire... They're suppose to be giving you a hard time... not me... next time you call me babycakes I'll keep it just between us...  :D
img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report obusive, offensive, and or objectionial message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Besides, it's good for you after all those buttery hot tortillas you've been porkin'

#440 bografan

bografan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Katy

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

Happy,happy,happy,happy birthday, dammit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users