596 replies to this topic

#81 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,808 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:57 PM

It cannot be said enough... THANK YOU PARKERPLUS for all the hard work (stats and caches) that you do for us in SouthEast Texas.  We really do appreciate it :) :)

...even if I did get locked in the park going after "Don't Blow a Fuse"! :laugh:

At least you did not get stung by a bee.

Did you get stung by a bee? ???

A very agressive one too.
Posted Image

#82 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:47 AM

Once I did an mtp cache which was in the same birdhouse which housed a bunch of bees.  Didn't get stung but came awful close, maybe he was trying to spread the wealth. :D

#83 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 01:51 PM

Here are the numbers for the month of May.  Some 175 new caches were placed for the month.

MUDDY BUDDIES  was busy during the month scoring some 24 FTF's
THE POPETEERS  was right behind logging in 23 FTF's for the month
JARIHEND  was in the game logging in some 11 FTF's
MUNKIEBREAD  was able to score 15 FTF's during May
HOUSTONCONTROL  scored with 6 FTF's
OHL & gang  was out looking and scoring six FTF's also
ONESTEPCLOSER  reported five FTF's for the month
LJTXHIKER  was able to score five FTF's also

Logging in with four FTFs were   MEDTEXPLACER;  MAGGIEB;  and  GRANGERFAM

Reporting three FTF's were  GEEK-QUALIZER

Logging in two or less FTF's were   TEXASDREAMWEAVER;   THEMELMAN;   TEXASNATIVE;   FULL HOUSE 5;   COPPERFIELDROSE;   THOT;   GEOREYNOZOS
KING OF FOOLS;  DOWNTOWNGIRLS;   PHOTONMAN21;   ZZZWOOT;   SKAMMER;   PHILRY;   HITMAN;   ATTICRAT;   JFOX100;   TEAM TROGLODYTE;   RECON RANGERS;   FROSTYS;   PARKERPLUS;   SSP;   SPUDBOY77005;   WTT-B2;   BILLY H;   ATMA;   D4HARLEY;   TX_SECSY;   PEPPER;    THE HAZELNUTS;   SUPERDAVE626;   and   JOYROSE

Scoring their FIRST  FTF were  TEAMPANTS;   IGNORE HOARD;   MANOAHMAN;   SMUKKE (plus two others);   GEOWOLF1;   RECON RANGERS;   COORDINITO;   D4HARLEY;   GGMORTON (plus two others);   COBRA PATROL1 (plus another one);   BFDE5A;   TXSWEETIE (plus four other ones);  and  TEAMKINGUK

GOOD JOB  ALL

#84 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:31 PM

Good going yall.  O0

#85 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,808 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:46 PM

I am surprized I had 4 FTF's.  Thanks for the information PP.  Now on to June.
Posted Image

#86 MunkieBread

MunkieBread

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:25 PM

Great stats ParkerPlus!  O0

#87 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:51 AM

We can attribute most of our FTFs to MAES being out of the country and a couple of cachers putting out series of caches and us doing a sweep on them.  I knew we had gotten several FTFs, but I didn't realize how many.  Thanks for the stats, Parkerplus. 
Posted Image

#88 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:35 AM

Thanks again for the stats!  O0

We actually had 7 FTFs but the last two were probably outside the radius...the last two were significant because they represented finds #199 and our 200th find after one year of caching  :)  They were TeamBC#5 Seed Pod Cache GCW4NC and TeamBC#6 GCW4NH in Field Store, TX up off of FM 1488 in Waller County. 

Still, Congrats to all the FTFs out there!  Boy, Muddy Buddies and The Popeteers were on some kind of run!   O0

What's the record for FTFs in SETX in a month?

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

#89 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:40 AM

I believe mtp had 27 or 28 in a month before, but that stat would involve much more than skill, as you'd have to have enough coming out...... O0

#90 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 08:15 AM

It definitely points to a lot of active new caches!!  O0 O0 O0 :D :)

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

#91 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,808 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 08:42 AM

I believe mtp had 27 or 28 in a month before, but that stat would involve much more than skill, as you'd have to have enough coming out...... O0

I can not vouch for the count, but I do remember being harassed for getting too many FTF.  I am glad this is no longer an issue.
Posted Image

#92 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:05 AM

There was definetly some harrassment back in the day, I will vouch for that as well.  When I started caching, in my area it was either Team Skammer or Love2Fly, they inspired me to pick it up.  But, in the end, MedTexPlacer was always the one to beat for me, he was and always will be......

THE KING OF FTF

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

#93 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,808 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:53 AM

Actually sincewe cached in different areas you had your own kingdom.  Also you were always night caching so I had no chance in the North Part of Housotn. O0
Posted Image

#94 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 03 June 2006 - 02:58 PM

When we first started caching, there really didn't seem to be a lot of competition in our area for the FTFs.  We had Geowyz and Dreamcachers.  Then along came MedTexPlacer who gave  all of us a run for our money.  I used to resent this "newbie" coming in and getting all of our FTFs.  We didn't stand a chance.  He was everywhere and quick.  After getting to know this "newbie" and becoming friends with him, we decided he was an ok guy after all and no longer minded him getting the FTFs.  After you've been caching as long as we have, the FTFs are fun when you can get them, but they no longer are as big of a deal anymore.  We just figure we'll get to the different caches eventually.  We don't have to get there first.  We'll just let others make the trails for us that lead us right up to the cache.  Now with the new FTF hounds in our area like MAES, I think it's getting harder for us and MedTexPlacer to get those FTFs, but MAES, we like you too, and we're glad to have you around even if you are getting all of the FTFs in the area.  The one thing about going after FTFs now is that sometimes you can have mini events at the cache sites if others are racing to get there first too.  Hope to see some of you at a cache soon. 
Posted Image

#95 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:23 PM

That HockeyGuy is a tough one to compete with. Jarihend is a good one for getting there first too. O0

#96 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:54 PM

The one thing about going after FTFs now is that sometimes you can have mini events at the cache sites if others are racing to get there first too.

This makes it really worth it.  The good natured ribbing that goes on...we pulled up to one cache and got beat by Copperfield Rose by only minutes.  The littlest Rose was so happy he could barely contain himself and it was too funny.  We guess it's because we beat him and Papa Rose out by a little at another cache at Bane Park before the second ODS event.  They had their revenge.  :) Turn about was fair play and fun was had by all!  :D

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

#97 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • LocationJust Off Bellaire Chinatown

Posted 03 June 2006 - 04:10 PM

, but MAES, we like you too, and we're glad to have you around even if you are getting all of the FTFs in the area.  The one thing about going after FTFs now is that sometimes you can have mini events at the cache sites if others are racing to get there first too.   Hope to see some of you at a cache soon. 

:) Glad you like us, but MAES is often beaten in our area by others like you Muddy Buddies along with MaggieB, TxDreamweaver, GrangerFam, and FTF King  mtp (our biggest nemisis lately).  We do look forward to those mini events that can happen when a cache hits the air just right and you get to meet other cachers....great fun.  I think that keeps us going for FTF's as we always hope to meet someone there.  We often stay around for at least 15 minutes or more just for the chance to meet.....

#98 Texas Dreamweaver

Texas Dreamweaver

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Texas

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:29 PM

We do look forward to those mini events that can happen when a cache hits the air just right and you get to meet other cachers....great fun.  I think that keeps us going for FTF's as we always hope to meet someone there.  We often stay around for at least 15 minutes or more just for the chance to meet.....

That's how I first met MAES...although MAES had been appearing at our hot dog stand for weeks only my wife (WeinieQueenie) had had the pleasure.  I saw a new cache at 8pm at night and KNEW that I would bump into MAES.  I also know that in the SW part of town, there have been several of my caches where 3 and 4 caching teams have bumped into each other trying to get there first.  I gotta figure out a way to set up a webcam and microphone so I can watch everyone next time...that would be almost as much fun as the FTF!  ;)

#99 GrangerFam

GrangerFam

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationNeartown Houston

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:43 PM

I think we've been fortunate to be at one of these parties with mtp and MAES.  It was pretty funny as we sort of stood around and chatted, waiting for TDW to show up...

Next time, I'll throw a margarita machine in the back of the truck... :D

#100 MunkieBread

MunkieBread

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:29 PM

I gotta figure out a way to set up a webcam and microphone so I can watch everyone next time...that would be almost as much fun as the FTF!  ;)

That would be funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users