596 replies to this topic

#41 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:01 AM

The results are in for the month of January

With about 150 caches placed by the Houston area cachers (55-60 miles), January was a busy month for the FTF Hounds.  Does not include any subscribers only caches.

OHL HOCKEY GUY lead the group with 16 FTS based on all the caches placed in his area

MAGGIEB was able to score 14 FTFs around town

MEDTEXPLACER came in with 13 FTFs

CHANCE ENCOUNTER had 11 FTF (one of which was his 900th find)

MUDDY BUDDIES logged in 10 FTFs

LOVE2FLY with 6 FTFs

LJTXHIKER with 6 FTFs also

HOUSTONCONTROL had 6 also

MAES reported 5 FTFs including their 200th find and their 1st FTF

PARKERPLUS was able to score 4 FTFs

THEMELMAN logged 4 FTFs also

ATTICRAT had 4 FTFs in one week

THE POPETEERS reported 4 also

RED EYE REBELS came in with 3 FTFs

THE HAZEL NUTS  had 3 also

TEXASDREAMWEAVER logged in 3 FTFs  including his first one

JUST PASSIN BY had 3 FTFs also

Logging in two FTFs or less were   DREAMCACHERS;  PEPPER;  TEAM TROGLODYTE;  TX4GOOD;  SKAMMER;  CLAYJ;  COPPERFILED ROSE;  CMAREK;  MUSTARD DEVIL;  WILD CAT BUD;  LONESTAR1969;  GRANGERFAM;  PAPPY'S POSSE;  WTT-B2;  ONE STEP CLOSER;  WE BE HIKIN';  EBandM;  PIMAN314;  SOONER22;  DUTCHSAIL;  MUNKIEBREAD;  BOBISCULOUS;  WEEKENDWARRIOR1;  ZZZWOOT;  WOOLYBUGER;  ATKIKER9;  RETIRED;  newcomer CLIFANDKATIE with thier 1st one;  DJRUBEN (their first one);  EGSG;  PETTYATIS;  ATMA;  THOT;  TSBAND;  HUMMER DUDE;  JARIHEND;  THE HELLO KITTY;  THE SUPER STOUTS;  and  JFOX100.  Added FULL HOUSE 5 (Missed him some how)

Lot of work to grab a FTF

#42 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:32 AM

I am amazed I had 3, I was thinking this would be a month with none.  Thanks though Parker, for reminding me.  Congrats to all of those who had a stellar month, there are quite a few new FTF hounds at the top of that list.  Thanks again Parker for the stats.  I remember when caches were erupting on the northside like they are in the south now :'(

#43 The Full House 5

The Full House 5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:43 AM

The FULL HOUSE 5 also had two FTF's, already matching their record for last year!  :laugh:

#44 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:49 AM

It looks like you guys have really been turning up the heat, GOOd JOB.  Careful with this game though, others will tell you it can become addictive, and not always positively so..... ;)

#45 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • LocationJust Off Bellaire Chinatown

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:53 PM

I could not believe the elation in both of us on having our very 1st FTF.  We thank mtp for a fine What's the Point hide to make that FTF.  Thanks to GrangerFam for releasing 3 at once so that we could get them all in the same night.  That said, somehow we enjoy even more the pursuit of the tough ones that keep eluding us.  I swear as soon as it gets a little dry, we will bushwack away with powerful lights find that Hessian cache that eluded us this week.  That would be as satisfying as a FTF now.

#46 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,912 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:28 AM

Hmmmm, by my count, I had 8 FTF's in January.  Of course, one of them was in Blanco, which probably fell outside of the survey area. :)
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#47 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:35 PM

Hmmmm, by my count, I had 8 FTF's in January.  Of course, one of them was in Blanco, which probably fell outside of the survey area. :)

So what exactly did you find inside skammer's cache hound?  :D
Posted Image

#48 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,912 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:31 PM

...there were 26 slightly chewed travel bugs, and a rubber button that looked like it came off of an Etrex  ;)

#49 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:37 PM

Recently there have been a few "triangle" puzzle caches posted.  I just posted one for review that will probably  become a triangle puzzle.  It is a simple single waypoint micro located in the center of a triangle bounded by mtp's Meadows, MaggieB's beloved Bellaire triangle, and Tex_Secty's old digs.  The puzzle is this: given a simple lunchtime hide with that triangle, who will be the FTF.  Enjoy when it comes up!  O0

#50 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:54 PM

:D Looks like the triangle race went to the early riser not the nearby..  Our "BD" cache was approved in what I consider record time of 4 hours after I submitted it.  GrangerFam got up early and beat out MaggieB and mtp simply by leaving earlier.  Thanks guys for your hunt of our latest cache.   O0

#51 GrangerFam

GrangerFam

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationNeartown Houston

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:35 PM

It's sometimes better to be lucky than good.  I didn't think we had a chance with MaggieB, mtp, and MB around...lurking somewhere.  :(

#52 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:20 PM

It's sometimes better to be lucky than good.  I didn't think we had a chance with MaggieB, mtp, and MB around...lurking somewhere.   :(

We only had time for one this morning, but if we had gotten up about 15 or 20 minutes earlier, we might have had time to go after this one too. 
Posted Image

#53 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:25 PM

...there were 26 slightly chewed travel bugs, and a rubber button that looked like it came off of an Etrex  ;)

;D
I had to read this twice before I finally got it!  We actually were 2TF on that cache.  We found it on the way to the E-Rock Challenge.
Posted Image

#54 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:06 PM

It's sometimes better to be lucky than good.  I didn't think we had a chance with MaggieB, mtp, and MB around...lurking somewhere.   :(

We only had time for one this morning, but if we had gotten up about 15 or 20 minutes earlier, we might have had time to go after this one too. 

Go after "BD" sometime when you really need a lunchtime cache.  The grub nearby is cheap and good.. ;D..one really great thing about our neighborhood.

#55 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:46 AM

Here we go for the FTF'rs for the month of January, I mean February.   There were 48 FTF'rs out there finding some 102 new caches. 

JARIHEND  lead the group logging in ten FTF's for the month including his 600th posting a find

WTT-B2;  and  THE SUPER STOUTS  each  found seven caches with blank logs

ATMA  logged in six FTF finds

MUDDY BUDDIES;   OHL HOCKEY GUY;   MAGGIEB;   and  MEDTEXPLACER each were able to be FTF on 5 caches each

Logging in four FTF's were  HOUSTONCONTROL  and  CAREYJ (which included his/her first one)

Finding three new caches with blank sheets were   THE HAZELNUTS;   TEXAS DREAMWEAVER;   WILD CAT BUD;   CHANCE ENCOUNTER;   and  KASMA_GANG

Logging a FTF on two or less were   PADDLER112;   PARKERPLUS;   GRANGERFAM;   MUDFROG;   CHICKEN;   BIZZYB;   TXDAGOS;   FREEBEE & 007;   JFOX100;   EBandM;   TX4GOOD;   WEEKEND WARRIOR1;   KIKIMEW;   COPKEVIN;   HUMMER DUDE;   LJTXHIKER;   WORLD TRAVEL'EN;  TX-SECSY;   WHIPPETIX;   TEXANA;   HOCKEY MAN;   ROSE FLOWER;   and  TEAM TROGLODYTE

Collecting their FIRST  FTF'S  were  CAREYJ as memtioned above;  THE MATNEYS (who became the 200th member of HGCS);   SJALEX76;   KINGWOODGEO;   BUZZARDB;   TEXASNATIVE;   SSMSREED;  5WEGS;   and  THE THIRD    Correction -  KandRS found their FIRST  FTF this month also

Another BUSY BUSY month

#56 TexasNative

TexasNative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Locationconroe/cleveland area

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:01 AM

I finally got my first FTF on Heavy Metal. Mr. Trog of Team Troglodyte and I found Muskrat Love together, but he is the one who spied it first so I guess he gets the FTF on that one. I also have a FTF on Soccer Anyone, this morning. You have to find Heavy Metal and Muskrat Love to get the coords for Soccer Anyone. Problem I am having is Soccer Anyone is not listed on Geocaching.com for me to log it!

#57 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,912 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:45 AM

Ummm, Did you mean February? ???

#58 The Hazelnuts

The Hazelnuts

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:26 PM

Texas Native - The waypoint for Soccer Anyone? is GCQ685. It has been archived - that's probably why you can't find it.

#59 kandrs

kandrs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:40 PM

That was actually our first FTF this last month.

#60 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

Sorry, I did mean February, I'm just a month behind.

KandRS - I thought that might have been your first one,  I couldn't tell.  Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users