596 replies to this topic

#1 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:25 PM

Transferre from the other site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POSTED March 2, 2005

I thought that MEDTEXPLACER was the king of FTF.

For the month of October 2004, he was hot logging 8 FTF's, followed by GEOWYZ and CACHEABELS with 3 each

For the month of November, SKAMMER beat him by 1 with 6 FTFs

For the month of December, EZMATE started his mad tear logging 12 FTFs while MEDTEXPLACER logged 6 FTF. SKAMMER found 4

For the month of January 2005, EZMATE logged 9 FTFs and MEDTEXPLACER logged 6 FTFs. RED EYE REBELS came in with 5 FTFs. SKAMMER and STAR_AVi8R logged 4 FTFs each

Now for the month of February, SKAMMER came out on top with 6 FTFs, followed by LOVE2FLY with 4, EZMATE with 3 FTFs, BRIGHTFISH logged 2 FTFs while MEDTEXPLACER slowed down to only 1

Maybe he needs to get up a little earlier 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POSTED BY EZMATE, March 3, 2005

Oh...I like this a lot!

C'mon Medtex....quit playing with that stinky old sock & get back in the game! 

POSTED BY CAPTAINJ, March 3, 2005

Parker, what about First and Last to Find. MedTxPlacer(SockPuppet) has found two of Bosun's Long Range Plots. Looks like he's the only one thats able to log them. This kind of cache requires .001 degrees accuracy, .01 degrees error can make your position 1900 feet off. Now that man can work the numbers.

But you want find these on GC.com. Take a look at Terracaching.com. 

POSTED BY MEDTEXPLACER, March 3, 2005

About a half a year ago I was being chastised for always being FTF. Now I am being chastised for NOT being FTF. You just can't win. LOL

Actually there are several factors leading me not to have FTF's.

1. Location - A lot of new caches are now north of I-10 in the skammer realm or in the Clear Lake/League City area.

2. Moving away from the big Green. I have moved away from the big Green. I will do only certain caches that interest me or if I am in the area or if no one else has found it.

3. Terracaching takes you out of town. I have been to Austin several times as well as College Station.

4. Others have moved to Terracaching and I prefer to venture in that realm for now.

5. There haven't been very many new ParkerPlus caches of late and I have finished every traditional ParkerPlus cache that there is on this planet.

6. As a wise ole Captain told me that times are changing. And the numbers game has lost me. 

« Last Edit: Mar 3, 2005, 9:19am by MedTexPlacer »  Logged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POSTED April 6, 2005

Of the some 40 caches that came on board during the month of March, RED EYE REBELS was the leader in FTF's with 11 finds. That number is based on several new caches in the JERSEY VILLAGE area

LOVE2FLY was lucky to log in 4 FTF's

Logging in 3 FTF's were CACHEABELS and WE B HIKIN'

EZMATE has slowed down on FTF's logging only 2 FTF's as did THOT, MAGGIEB and MEDTEXPLACER

Recording their 1st (and 2nd) FTF was THEMELMAN

Good job to ALL

POSTED May 5, 2005

For the month of April, their were 55 caches that came on board during the month, RED EYE REBELS was the leader in FTF's with 13 finds. That was based on several that showed up on the North side of Houston

WE B HIKIN' gave him a run for the lead finding 9 FTF's

I guess EZMATE took a break for the month

Logging in 4 FTF's were THE HAZELNUTS; THE SUPER STOUTS and THE POPETEERS. Notice they all started with the word "THE"

Logging in 3 FTF's were MBROWNJER; TX_SECSY; and PIMAN314

Logging in only 2 FTF's were MEDTEXPLACER and THEMELMAN

Recording their 1st (and/or 2nd) FTF was TX_SECSY; PIMAN314; THUNOR; and ONE OF THE TEXAS VIKING

Also ANCIENT_SEEKERS found their 1st FTF this month

Again, a good job to ALL 

« Last Edit: May 6, 2005, 10:38am by parkerplus »  Logged

POSTED June 4, 2005

For the month of May, their were 41 caches that came on board during the month, RED EYE REBELS was the leader in FTF's with 14 finds. That was based on several that showed up on the North side of Houston

Logging in 4 FTF's was MAGGIEB

THE SUPER STOUTS logged in 4 FTF's also

THE HAZELNUTS logged in three FTF

EBandM logged in three FTF also

Logging in one or two FTF were BRIGHTFISH; EZMATE; MEDTEXPLACER; STARGAZER_M; ZZZWOOT; WE B HIKIN'; THEMELMAN; TX_SECSY; LJTXHIKER; HOUSTONCONTROL; THE LOST (their first); TEXAS TREKKER; and THE POPETEERS

Again, a good job to ALL 

#2 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:14 PM

June was an interesting Month for Houston area cachers.  With 58 new caches in the area, it took a G'cacher all the way from Norway to be the FTF on Snoogans HOUSTON 2nd TRAVEL BUG BED & BREAKFAST.  It took a cripple person to find FTF WORDFIND.  THE POPETEERS was able to log a FTF on LAKE HOUSTON PWC TOUR #3 (the first of 10 tours).    Note:  Corrected to read THE POPETEERS not MUDDY BUDDIES.

As for the rest  -

Based on a good streak - THE SUPER STOUTS was able to best the team of RED EYE REBELS for the lead of FTF for the month of June with a total of 10 FTFs.  RED EYE REBELS came in with 7 FTFs

MAGGIEB did her best finding 5 FTFs

BILLY H. was just behind with 4 FTFs in the Alvin area

THE POPETEERS was next  with 3 FTFs including the First LAKE HOUSTON PWC TOUR find

TX_SECSY (still carrying a cast on her foot) had 3 FTF also including the FTF WORDFIND (a toughie)

Having two FTFs or less included MEDTEXPLACER;   THE HAZELNUTS;   ONESTEPCLOSER;   OHL HOCKEY GUY;   ZZZWOOT;   STARGAZER_M;   MUDDY BUDDIES;   THOT;   LJTKIKER;   TEAM TROGLODYTE;   TEAM TEXAS FLASH;   TKTREKKER;   and   TRYLE BLAP all the way from Norway

#3 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,379 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:52 PM

June was an interesting Month for Houston area cachers.  ......  MUDDY BUDDIES was able to log a FTF on LAKE HOUSTON PWC TOUR #3 (the first of 10 tours).

I think you meant "The Popeteers"  The Muddy Buddies are still arranging water transportation for those caches.  However, we did get 1 FTF on Andy's Bday (GCPC8H), and the FTF for the Magellan BE THERE adventure.
Posted Image

#4 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:56 PM

June was an interesting Month for Houston area cachers.  ......  MUDDY BUDDIES was able to log a FTF on LAKE HOUSTON PWC TOUR #3 (the first of 10 tours).

I think you meant "The Popeteers"  The Muddy Buddies are still arranging water transportation for those caches.  However, we did get 1 FTF on Andy's Bday (GCPC8H), and the FTF for the Magellan BE THERE adventure.

Speaking of which....WeBHikers said that all spots are able to be "landed" on...the water is shallow...so we could do canoes out there ;D

#5 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:44 AM

Corrected, sorry

#6 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:14 PM

Out of the 58 caches available for FTF for the month of July

RED EYE REBELS lead the list of FTF with 11 FTFs (with 8 of them being on Lake Houston or Lake Conroe)

PIMAN314  found 4 FTF caches for the month

as did

THE POPETEERS with 4 FTFs (including 3 FTFs on Lake Houston)

Coming in with 3 FTFs were  TSBAND;  THEMELMAN;  and  GEAR JUNKIE

with two or less were  EBandM;  MUDDY BUDDIES;  THE HAZELNUTS;  THE SUPER STOUTS;  MAGGIEB;

MEDTEXPLACER;  FIVESECRETHUNTERS;  KATYKARS;  HOUSTON CONTROL;  STARBRIGHT;  and  THOT

Everyone worked hard at getting the FTF

#7 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 09:45 AM

Out of the 69 caches available for FTF for the month of August

IVAN TOFINDIT lead the list of FTF with 7 FTFs (with all of them being on Lake Conroe)

MUDDY BUDDIES  found 6 FTF caches for the month

THE HAZELNUTS  and  THE SUPER STOUTS  had found 5 FTF's each

Coming in with 4 FTF's were  RED EYE REBELS;  MAGGIEB;  and  FIVESECRETHUNTERS

MEDTEXPLACER  and  ZZZWOOT found 3 FTF's each

with two or less were  THE POPETEERS;  TX_SECSY;  JFOX100;  MONKEYS UNCLE;  HOUSTON CONTROL;  VERTIGO84M;  DAVE77459;  GEO BULL;  THOT;  PIMAN314;  BILLY H;  TSBAND;  STARGAZER_M;  STAR_AVi8R;  PLUSONE;  COPPERFIELD ROSE;  EBandM;  and  R2LUCKY

MULEandPOOH picked up their First  FTF, then found 3 more FTFs.  JFOX 100  found his First and Second  FTFs

Picking up their First FTFs were  WEEKEND WARRIOR;  REDNECK REMY  and  GEOREYNOZOS. 

Everyone worked hard at getting their FTFs

#8 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:26 PM

Sorry.....I got 3 FTF's :)

#9 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:54 PM

Sorry but I caught only two - FTFC#11 and RANSACKED.  I'm only watching new caches within a 40 mile range of 77002.  What was the third one?  Thanks for catching my mistake

#10 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:07 PM

It Cardinal by Ljtxhiker in Lake Jackson http://www.geocachin...c0-c6fb861d5c0a Thats probably why ya didn't see it....cuz of distance?

Your list is how I set my goals for the month....thats why its important to me....silly, huh? :)

#11 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,847 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:21 PM

Now that you mention it, if you go way back to the post for May FTF's, I'm credited with 2 when I in fact had 12 (all in the same day).  It's just that most were in the Piney woods of East Texas.  I went on a 450 mile FTF trek on 5/2 and nabbed a bunch of The Pastor's GBNF caches up around Lake Sam Rayburn.  I also nabbed a bunch of ticks that day, but that's a different story.  I didn't worry about it at the time cuz I figured we were just recognizing Houston area FTF's.  But since we're blowing our own horns.... er hum!   ;D
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#12 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:25 PM

O0 Way to go Houston Control!

#13 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,847 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 02 September 2005 - 11:10 PM

Thanks.  Yeah, I also was FTF on 3 Chance Encounter caches that day (Empty Ammon Can, McQueens Landing & Spur 414), 2TF on two (Catahoula Boulders & Falls Creek) -- that I swear were still unlogged when I set out that morning -- and a big fat DNF on A Bear in the Woods.  That last one cost me an hour of precious time which, combined with the road construction I ran into, probably cost me another half dozen GBNF FTF's.  I had to quit when it got dark.

#14 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 10:06 AM

TX_SECSY  -  The CARDINAL cache was 57 miles from downtown (77002).  Thats how I missed it.  I started with a 40 mile range, now I'm thinking if I can handle a 50/60 mile range.  It will take another account with GC

HOUSTONCONTROL  -  You are to be COMMENDED for your activity in finding that many FTFs all in one day.  There may be others that have found that many or more but your feat is still REMARKABLE.  I know THE PASTOR was surprised to see someone from Houston to catch that many FTFs.

#15 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:11 AM

TX_SECSY  -  The CARDINAL cache was 57 miles from downtown (77002).  Thats how I missed it.  I started with a 40 mile range, now I'm thinking if I can handle a 50/60 mile range.  It will take another account with GC

Nahhh....don't worry about extending your range, sorry I said anything. You're doing an OUTSTANDING job Parkerplus, I for one appreciate your work!!

#16 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,847 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 03 September 2005 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for the kind words, Parkerplus.  I exchanged emails with The Pastor a couple of days after my trek and found out that he is from Baytown and we went to high school together, he graduating a year before me.  Small world...

#17 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:03 AM

Well for the month of September, it was no contest as the RED EYE REBELS came on strong at the end of the month finding 12 caches with blank log sheets.

FIVESECRETHUNTERS was able to locate 5 caches with blank sheets as did  MUDDY BUDDIES.
HAZELNUTS,  HOUSTON CONTROL,  and  TSBAND  were FTF on 3 caches each
Finding two or less were  MAGGIEB;  POPETEERS;  ZZZWOOT;  PEPPER;  LJTXHIKER;  GEOREYNOZOS;  MEDTEXPLACER;  OHL HOCKEY GUY;  IVAN TOFINDIT;  and  THEMELMAN
Finding their First FTF ever was SC93

Job well done guys

#18 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 12:01 PM

For the month of October, there were some 40 caches placed by Houston Cachers in a area of 45-50 miles from downtown.

RED EYE REBELS had the best luck finding 10 of them FIRST

THEMELMAN was FTF on five this month

MEDTEXPLACER and CHANCE ENCOUNTER scored FTF's on four caches each

Finding three FTF's were  TSBAND and  MUDDY BUDDIES

Scoring two or less were  FIVESECRETHUNTERS;  THE POPETEERS;  TX_SECSY;  MAGGIEB;  DRKMSHIP;  TX4GOOD;  STAR_AVi8R;  DREW8;  COPPERFIELD ROSE;  DAVE77459;  FULLHOUSE5;  MBROWNJER;  THOT

Scoring his  First  FTF was  WTT-2B (changed his name from WILDTHINGSTAXIDERMY)

The month of November will be a wild one for FTF's as there are 37 new caches already on the board

#19 Team Texas Flash

Team Texas Flash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBoerne, Texas

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:12 PM

One of these days I going to get out there and find some caches ... my goal is to make a parkerplus list  O0

#20 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:03 AM

Man, November was quite busy with a record 114 caches placed in the Houston area.  This can keep a cacher up at all times trying to catch a FTF

MEDTEXPLACER was all over town finding 23 FTF caches

MAGGIEB was busy also logging 9 FTF for the month

RED EYE REBELS came in with 7 FTFs

LJTXHIKER had 7 FTFs also

CHANCE ENCOUNTER scored 5 FTFs for the month

THE HAZEL NUTS,  JARIHEND  and  THE POPETEERS  had 4 FTFs each

Logging in 3 FTFs were  TSBAND,  COPPERFIELD ROSE,  WTT-2B,  CKRHOADS,  and  DYREN

Logging 2 or less were  SC93,  ATMA,  DREAMCACHERS,  DAVE77459,  STAR_AVi8R,  GSGURU8306,  PARKERPLUS,  THEMELMAN,  G_TEAM,  HUMMER DUDE,  TX4GOOD,  MUDDY BUDDIES,  TX_SECSY,  TEAM TEXAS FLASH,  PEPPER,  WEEKENDWARRIOR1,  MONKEY'S UNCLE,  FULL HOUSE 5,  OHL HOCKEY GUY,  JOHNNY CACHE and JUNE,  KIKIMEW,  PIMAN314,  HOUSTON CONTROL,  SOONER22,  GEOREYNOZOS,  TEAM_J,  MBROWNJER,  THE CKS GANG,  BILLY H., and  DREW8

FTFs of Note  - 

RED EYE REBELS scored their 100th FTF

JARIHEND;  HUMMER DUDE;  DYFEN;  GEOREYNOZOS  and  little  BOBJ  each scored their 1st FTF during the month

The brothers of PIMAN314 were in town with MIKEWING from MASS. catching his FIRST FTF  and OREGONMO_40 was out Geocaching on his wedding day - Janice is a sweet lady to let her husband to out caching with his brother on the wedding day.

Quite a busy month

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users