#161 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:28 AM

Mlaapum mlaapum to GCG8R1 - last found on 6/2/06 by Sadinga with four DNF's since.  This one is most likely missing.

We asked about this one on December 19th.  If it doesn't get a response we may consider a SBA log.

I can't say whether Mlaapum mlaapum is still there or not or whether it should be archived, but I remember this one being our nemesis for awhile.  It took us multiple tries to find it.  It was a tough one. 

I really hate to ask for a cache to be archived unless someone that has found it confirms that it is no longer there or the owner confirms that it is no longer there.  There is not much you can do about the owner not responding though, so that option may not be available. 

They haven't been on the site in a couple of months but mainly, they haven't responded to any of the DNF's or requests to check on it.  That's just not right.  If they don't want it, put it up for adoption and/or archive it.  But we do agree that the SBA is a last resort.

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

#162 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:31 PM

I have to admit, I posted an SBA on Foster Went to School.  It's a 1.5/1 park-n-grab that suddenly no one can find.  The owners aren't responding to emails either. >:(

I sure wish WTT-B2 would do something with Paper Route Cache #3 too.
...oops, did I say that out loud?  ::)
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#163 AggieJWP

AggieJWP

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationMissouri City, Texas

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:42 PM

These all appear to be quality caches as they are all older Waypoint ID's, their all 6 letters or less and not the seven or eight that we are in.

#164 Kirbydox

Kirbydox

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationWest Houston

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:23 PM

Thanks! I also found Decimal Degrees - GCWJB0 yesterday. I have had both of them solved for a while but finally decided to make it a priority to look for them. This list certainly helps jog the memory. Thanks HC for keeping the list up-to-date, it's a big help.

ECMBC GCW7ZR - was last found on 12/10/06 by MAES.

was logged last night by kirbydox

I betcha this post inspired her !!

#165 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:30 PM

I'm sure that the owners of some of these rarely visited caches appreciate the list too, because I'm sure that the list serves to challenge a few cachers to go after them.  The ones that have 4-6 DNFs should be a bit embarassed though if the owner hasn't checked on them after this long. 
Posted Image

#166 cachecow_queen

cachecow_queen

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationColdspring

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:16 PM

They haven't been on the site in a couple of months but mainly, they haven't responded to any of the DNF's or requests to check on it.  That's just not right.  If they don't want it, put it up for adoption and/or archive it.  But we do agree that the SBA is a last resort.

There were a couple caches we hit last year that had the same owner.  I tried to put temp fixes but the caches were in pretty bad shape and I emailed the owner.  Never heard anything...  ??? 
It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by buzzards.

#167 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:57 AM

These all appear to be quality caches as they are all older Waypoint ID's, their all 6 letters or less and not the seven or eight that we are in.

Well, I only look at ones that have been out a year or more, so that's why none have 7 digit WP ID's -- yet.

#168 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:33 PM

I found Decimal Degrees today.  Someone found it yesterday.
Posted Image

#169 AggieJWP

AggieJWP

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationMissouri City, Texas

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:46 PM

i found "Bosun's Stash" today after 11 months of no one going after it

#170 WTT-B2

WTT-B2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationDayton, TX

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:17 AM

Yep you did..twice now. I'm trying to find a suitable contaner to work in that spot but may have to move it. You got anything?

Posted Image

#171 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:29 AM

Yep you did..twice now. I'm trying to find a suitable contaner to work in that spot but may have to move it. You got anything?

Twice... really?  :-[  Just trying to help you out, buddy!  PM sent.

#172 WTT-B2

WTT-B2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationDayton, TX

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:35 AM

Twice... really?  :-[  Just trying to help you out, buddy!  PM sent.

no worries  O0 I actually don't have control of the cache  --- reply sent

Posted Image

#173 Whippettx

Whippettx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationRedwood City CA

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:09 PM

In an effort to keep one off of HC's list of "Longest Since Last Found", Fendmar and I found Piman's most excellent cache 12 Degrees today.  Exactly 1 year since last found.  It was in perfect condition with a dry log.  We knew that if we waited until tomorrow, it would have been more than a year since last found. ::) ;D

#174 tuba_dude

tuba_dude

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationLiberty, Tx

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:43 PM

One of my cache (gc1568a) hasn't been found since Oct. 21, 2007 but it has been disabled since Nov. 24, 2007 also. I need/want to replace it but I can't find the time to do it.

#175 WTT-B2

WTT-B2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationDayton, TX

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:00 AM

January Update:
Since the last update, 5 caches on the list were found, 1 was archived, and 6 more were added to the list.  As of December 31st, there were 31 active caches within a 50 mile radius of downtown Houston that have not been found in over 12 months.  They are:

• Trog's Travels GCGY0H - last found on 1/4/06 by JimmyEv.  It's now been TWO years since this one has been logged!
  • ANCITW #5 GCND8M - last found on 1/14/06 by PPRubens.
  • Far Side GCM9JV - last found on 2/5/06 by GrangerFam.
  • Rustic Country Home GCP90Y - last found on 2/12/06 by bilster.
  • Snoogan's Snug'uns GCMP0E - last found on 4/1/06 by PPRubens with 4 DNF's since.  I recently talked to the cache owner who assures me that this cache is still in place.
  • Foster Went to School GCQ51K last found on 4/9/06 by brucelg with 2 DNF's since.  This one is in all likelihood a goner.
  • Swamp Treasure GCT8JV - last found 5/21/06 by Monkey's Uncle.
  • raising the dead GCM0VA - last found on 5/24/06 by bfde5a with 3 DNF's since.
  • Mlaapum mlaapum to GCG8R1 - last found on 6/2/06 by Sadinga with four DNF's since.  This one is most likely missing.
  • Hole in One GCQBY6 - last found on 6/9/06 by protoman21 with six DNF's since.  Looks like this one is a goner.
  • Sidney Sherman GCM7YT - last found on 6/16/06 by sharpbiker with two DNF's since.
  • Magnolia Tree GC1A61 - last found on 6/17/06 by Taco Supreme with three DNF's since.  This one is also probably missing, which is a shame since it is one of the oldest caches in our area.
  • Pearl Lake GCJ4PC - last found on 7/3/06 by GrangerFam.
  • Boggy Bayou Basin GCKAGH - last found on 7/8/06 by GrangerFam.
  • Jack's Pocket Cache (aka Mudfrog's Nemesis) GCGQPM - last found on 8/6/06 by ComicBookCacher.  This cache has had exactly 2 finds in the 4 years since it has been placed.  Mudfrog reports that it may be missing.
  • Trees of Oak Lake GCRRVM - last found on 9/2/06 by nitemonster.
  • Doggie Paddle Island GCNRM1 - last found on 9/3/06 by KingwoodGeo.
  • Little Johnny's Sight GCT47K - last found on 9/10/06 by Muddy Buddies.
  • Cypress Creek Walk #4 GCG4YZ - last found on 9/17/06 by kokopellitoki and cpadgett13.
  • Keep It Constant GCTP04 - last found on 9/28/06 by HoustonControl with six DNF's since.  Guess I hid it back too well!
  • The Adventure's Mysterious Treasue Cache GCV7MM - last found on 10/7/06 by whippettx.
  • Timbergrove Manor GCRWDF - last found on 10/15/06 with 4 DNF's since.
  • BELLAIRE CHRISTMAS CACHE GCHDPJ - last found on 10/29/06 by stcymcc with 4 DNF's since.
  • King Kong Lives! GCTMBR - last found on 11/18/06 by Team Blacklist.
  • The Bitter End GCHGY7 - was last found on 11/26/06 by MAES with one DNF since.
  • Decimal Degrees GCWJB0 - was last found on 12/3/06 by Team Tulip.
  • ECMBC GCW7ZR - was last found on 12/10/06 by MAES.
  • Where? GCZRR8 - was last found on 12/21/06 by Woodpicker, Mudfrog, BizzyB, tuba_dude, and Ribbitz.
  • Cedar Hill on Charlotte GCNXBH - was last found on 12/24/06 by CacheCow_Queen with 2 DNF's since.
  • The Old Woman GCWWPE - was last found on 12/27/06 by arcolafd.
  • Pelican P** Island GCY42F - was last (and first) found on 12/27/06 by MooseTrainer.  Only one find in the 16 months since the cache was published!

Sidney Sherman GCM7YT - Can be removed from the list.    O0  O0  found today by me with some help from sharpbiker
Also The Old Woman GCWWPE - was found by kirbydox on 1/18/08 -- so off the list it comes

Posted Image

#176 Thot

Thot

Funtime Advisor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:43 AM

• Snoogan's Snug'uns GCMP0E - last found on 4/1/06 by PPRubens with 4 DNF's since.  I recently talked to the cache owner who assures me that this cache is still in place.

This one's been disabled and is being moved

#177 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:33 PM

Good job, WTT-B2 and Kirbydox. O0 

I prevented Movie Mania from making it to the list in a couple of months by finding it yesterday.

#178 Kirbydox

Kirbydox

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationWest Houston

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:34 PM

Good job, WTT-B2 and Kirbydox. O0 

I prevented Movie Mania from making it to the list in a couple of months by finding it yesterday.

Congrats, HC! I've been working away on Movie Mania for a while. There are a couple of those movies that I just can't place but I'll get there eventually.  :)

#179 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:39 AM

We went out last week to find:
Cypress Creek Walk #4 GCG4YZ - last found on 9/17/06 by kokopellitoki and cpadgett13.

It's not there for sure.  They're plowing a new road to the creek for a new neighborhood and there was construction equipment everywhere.  We logged all this in our DNF.  Anyway, after consulting some pictures from past logs and after a 30 minute search at GZ (and expanding outward) it's only a matter of time before Spaceman Spiff archives it (he hasn't been too active lately.)

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

#180 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:17 PM

February Update:
Since the last update, 5 caches on the list were found, 4 were temporarily disabled, 1 was archived, and 8 more were added to the list.  As of January 31st, there were 29 active caches within a 50 mile radius of downtown Houston that have not been found in over 12 months (two of which haven't been found in over 2 years!).  They are:

• Trog's Travels GCGY0H - last found on 1/4/06 by JimmyEv.
  • ANCITW #5 GCND8M - last found on 1/14/06 by PPRubens, went one DNF since.
  • Far Side GCM9JV - last found on 2/5/06 by GrangerFam.
  • Rustic Country Home GCP90Y - last found on 2/12/06 by bilster.
  • Swamp Treasure GCT8JV - last found 5/21/06 by Monkey's Uncle.
  • Mlaapum mlaapum to GCG8R1 - last found on 6/2/06 by Sadinga with four DNF's since.  This one is most likely missing.
  • Pearl Lake GCJ4PC - last found on 7/3/06 by GrangerFam with a recent DNF by Team Tulip, who reports that the cache is "definitely gone". 
  • Boggy Bayou Basin GCKAGH - last found on 7/8/06 by GrangerFam.
  • Jack's Pocket Cache (aka Mudfrog's Nemesis) GCGQPM - last found on 8/6/06 by ComicBookCacher.  This cache has had exactly 2 finds in the 4 years since it has been placed.  Mudfrog reports that it may be missing.
  • Trees of Oak Lake GCRRVM - last found on 9/2/06 by nitemonster.
  • Doggie Paddle Island GCNRM1 - last found on 9/3/06 by KingwoodGeo.
  • Little Johnny's Sight GCT47K - last found on 9/10/06 by Muddy Buddies.
  • Cypress Creek Walk #4 GCG4YZ - last found on 9/17/06 by kokopellitoki and cpadgett13, with 3 DNF's since.  OSC reports it to be a goner for certain.
  • Keep It Constant GCTP04 - last found on 9/28/06 by HoustonControl with six DNF's since.  I went back to the area a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find it.
  • Timbergrove Manor GCRWDF - last found on 10/15/06 with 5 DNF's since.
  • BELLAIRE CHRISTMAS CACHE GCHDPJ - last found on 10/29/06 by stcymcc with 5 DNF's since.  I was the last to try for this one a few weeks ago.  Depending on the cache container and accuracy of the coords, I guess it's possible it could still be in there somewhere amongst the bamboo.
  • King Kong Lives! GCTMBR - last found on 11/18/06 by Team Blacklist.
  • The Bitter End GCHGY7 - was last found on 11/26/06 by MAES with one DNF since.  Team Cull reports that this cache has, indeed, met it's bitter end.
  • Where? GCZRR8 - was last found on 12/21/06 by Woodpicker, Mudfrog, BizzyB, tuba_dude, and Ribbitz.
  • Cedar Hill on Charlotte GCNXBH - was last found on 12/24/06 by CacheCow_Queen with 2 DNF's since.
  • Pelican P** Island GCY42F - was last (and first) found on 12/27/06 by MooseTrainer.  Only one find in the 16 months since the cache was published!
  • Armand Bayou GC11EE - was last found on 1/1/07 by zepfam with two DNF's since.
  • Lil Johnny the Quartermaster GCM39N - was last found on 1/5/07 by Sharpbiker.
  • Working Title GCXZ2R - was last found on 1/7/07 by GrangerFam with two DNF's since.
  • Duck Hunter's Cache GC212F - was last found on 1/13/07 by TeamZZ.
  • the lone ranger GCW3BH - was last found on 1/19/07 by The Popeteers.
  • OVERDUE GCH97J - was last found on 1/28/07 by Pepper.
  • Time's a Wastin' GCMA2X - was last found on 1/28/07 by GrangerFam.
  • Crazy Ivan's Rescue Call GCT47M - was last found on 1/29/07 by WTT-B2.

[color=blue]
Now off the list:
  • [color=blue]Sidney Sherman GCM7YT was found on January 20th by WTT-B2, 18 months since the last find.  Way to go Barry!
  • [color=blue]The Adventure's Mysterious Treasue Cache GCV7MM was found January 12th by Kribydox after a 15 month lull.  Good job!
  • [color=blue]Decimal Degrees GCWJB0 was found January 3rd by Kirbydox and January 5th by MedTexPlacer.  Congrats, folks!
  • [color=blue]ECMBC GCW7ZR was found on January 3rd by Kirbydox.  She is turning into a one woman, longest-since-last-found, wrecking crew!!!
  • [color=blue]The Old Woman GCWWPE was found on January 18th by, who else, Kirbydox!

Other changes since the last update:
Snoogan's Snug'uns GCMP0E has been temporarily disabled for maintenance.
Foster Went to School GCQ51K has been temporarily disable by Prime Reviewer.  It is most likely MIA.
raising the dead GCM0VA has been temporarily disabled.
Magnolia Tree GC1A61 has been temporarily disabled by Prime Reviewer.  This one is also probably missing, which is a shame since it is one of the oldest caches in our area.
Hole in One GCQBY6 has been archived.

An "Honorable Mention" goes out to Whippettx and Fendmar who found Piman's 12 Degrees cache on 1/12/08, exactly one year to the day since it was last found.  Good job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users