Since the last update, 5 caches on the list were found, 4 were temporarily disabled, 1 was archived, and 8 more were added to the list. As of January 31st, there were 29 active caches within a 50 mile radius of downtown Houston that have not been found in over 12 months (two of which haven't been found in over 2
years!). They are:
- Trog's Travels GCGY0H - last found on 1/4/06 by JimmyEv.
- ANCITW #5 GCND8M - last found on 1/14/06 by PPRubens, went one DNF since.
- Far Side GCM9JV - last found on 2/5/06 by GrangerFam.
- Rustic Country Home GCP90Y - last found on 2/12/06 by bilster.
- Swamp Treasure GCT8JV - last found 5/21/06 by Monkey's Uncle.
- Mlaapum mlaapum to GCG8R1 - last found on 6/2/06 by Sadinga with four DNF's since. This one is most likely missing.
- Pearl Lake GCJ4PC - last found on 7/3/06 by GrangerFam with a recent DNF by Team Tulip, who reports that the cache is "definitely gone".
- Boggy Bayou Basin GCKAGH - last found on 7/8/06 by GrangerFam.
- Jack's Pocket Cache (aka Mudfrog's Nemesis) GCGQPM - last found on 8/6/06 by ComicBookCacher. This cache has had exactly 2 finds in the 4 years since it has been placed. Mudfrog reports that it may be missing.
- Trees of Oak Lake GCRRVM - last found on 9/2/06 by nitemonster.
- Doggie Paddle Island GCNRM1 - last found on 9/3/06 by KingwoodGeo.
- Little Johnny's Sight GCT47K - last found on 9/10/06 by Muddy Buddies.
- Cypress Creek Walk #4 GCG4YZ - last found on 9/17/06 by kokopellitoki and cpadgett13, with 3 DNF's since. OSC reports it to be a goner for certain.
- Keep It Constant GCTP04 - last found on 9/28/06 by HoustonControl with six DNF's since. I went back to the area a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find it.
- Timbergrove Manor GCRWDF - last found on 10/15/06 with 5 DNF's since.
- BELLAIRE CHRISTMAS CACHE GCHDPJ - last found on 10/29/06 by stcymcc with 5 DNF's since. I was the last to try for this one a few weeks ago. Depending on the cache container and accuracy of the coords, I guess it's possible it could still be in there somewhere amongst the bamboo.
- King Kong Lives! GCTMBR - last found on 11/18/06 by Team Blacklist.
- The Bitter End GCHGY7 - was last found on 11/26/06 by MAES with one DNF since. Team Cull reports that this cache has, indeed, met it's bitter end.
- Where? GCZRR8 - was last found on 12/21/06 by Woodpicker, Mudfrog, BizzyB, tuba_dude, and Ribbitz.
- Cedar Hill on Charlotte GCNXBH - was last found on 12/24/06 by CacheCow_Queen with 2 DNF's since.
- Pelican P** Island GCY42F - was last (and first) found on 12/27/06 by MooseTrainer. Only one find in the 16 months since the cache was published!
- Armand Bayou GC11EE - was last found on 1/1/07 by zepfam with two DNF's since.
- Lil Johnny the Quartermaster GCM39N - was last found on 1/5/07 by Sharpbiker.
- Working Title GCXZ2R - was last found on 1/7/07 by GrangerFam with two DNF's since.
- Duck Hunter's Cache GC212F - was last found on 1/13/07 by TeamZZ.
- the lone ranger GCW3BH - was last found on 1/19/07 by The Popeteers.
- OVERDUE GCH97J - was last found on 1/28/07 by Pepper.
- Time's a Wastin' GCMA2X - was last found on 1/28/07 by GrangerFam.
- Crazy Ivan's Rescue Call GCT47M - was last found on 1/29/07 by WTT-B2.
Now off the list:
Other changes since the last update:
Snoogan's Snug'uns GCMP0E
- [color=blue]Sidney Sherman GCM7YT was found on January 20th by WTT-B2, 18 months since the last find. Way to go Barry!
- [color=blue]The Adventure's Mysterious Treasue Cache GCV7MM was found January 12th by Kribydox after a 15 month lull. Good job!
- [color=blue]Decimal Degrees GCWJB0 was found January 3rd by Kirbydox and January 5th by MedTexPlacer. Congrats, folks!
- [color=blue]ECMBC GCW7ZR was found on January 3rd by Kirbydox. She is turning into a one woman, longest-since-last-found, wrecking crew!!!
- [color=blue]The Old Woman GCWWPE was found on January 18th by, who else, Kirbydox!
has been temporarily disabled for maintenance.
Foster Went to School GCQ51K
has been temporarily disable by Prime Reviewer. It is most likely MIA.
raising the dead GCM0VA
has been temporarily disabled.
Magnolia Tree GC1A61
has been temporarily disabled by Prime Reviewer. This one is also probably missing, which is a shame since it is one of the oldest caches in our area.
Hole in One GCQBY6
has been archived.
An "Honorable Mention" goes out to Whippettx and Fendmar who found Piman's 12 Degrees
cache on 1/12/08, exactly one year to the day since it was last found. Good job!