#81 WTT-B2

WTT-B2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationDayton, TX

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:41 PM

May Update:
Through the end of April, there were 23 unarchived, enabled caches within a 50 mile radius of downtown Houston that have not been found in over 12 months.  They are:

Whistle While You Cache GCKV2V - last found on 2/17/05 by BMcNallen with 3 DNF's since then.  In all likelihood, this cache is missing.
Elementary, My Dear Watson! GCPHCY - last found on 12/26/05 by GrangerFam.
Trog's Travels GCGY0H - last found on 1/4/06 by JimmyEv.
De Astutia GCN1AN - last found on 1/7/06 by Muddy Buddies.
FTFC #14 - A Tribute Cache GCR3PW - last found on 1/10/06 by Love2Fly.
ANCITW #5 GCND8M - last found on 1/14/06 by PPRubens.
Damage Control GCR827 - last found on 1/18/06 by MAES.
Lake Conroe PWC Tour #2 GCPNCQ - last found on 1/18/06 by silverado rocket.
The Elder Futhark GCRMR9 - last found on 2/4/06 by MedTexPlacer.
Near The Forgotten GCN5X3 - last found on 2/4/06 by MedTexPlacer with 2 DNF's since then.
Far Side GCM9JV - last found on 2/5/06 by GrangerFam.
Four Wheel Power GC5D16 - last found on 2/5/06 by tplasek.
S-16 GCPE5T last found on 2/11/06 by GrangerFam, with 3 DNF's since.
Rustic Country Home GCP90Y - last found on 2/12/06 by bilster.
Photo Recon GCJ4AY - last found on 3/3/06 by ME, with one DNF since.
Rocks for Rhonda GCHTQG - last found on 3/4/06 by Smukke, with one DNF since.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #1 GCPFDA - last found on 3/5/06 by The Popeteers and Big Steve's Crew, with one DNF since.
Cypress Outlook GCNMRY - last found on 3/25/06 by Tx_Secsy & Jeff, with one DNF since.
Wood Works GCHX49 - last found on 3/27/06 by Atticrat.
Snoogan's Snug'uns GCMP0E - last found on 4/1/06 by PPRubens with 3 DNF's since.
Foster Went to School GCQ51K last found on 4/9/06 with 2 DNF's since.
The Adventures of 1Geocacher GCJY6B last found on 4/16/06 by Pepper.

Now off the list:
CrossWorlds GCHZVX was found on April 13th by greenehorn after a 16 month lull.  It was found again on April 15th by Benttandem.
Circumcenter GCGCX1 was found on April 13 by greenehorn after seeing no action for over 15 months.
FTFC #16 - mtp 2nd Anniversary GCRKVQ was found on April 26th by sbergeon, their first and only find ever!  According to their log, they just discovered geocaching.  Being as this is a 3-star multi that has had 5 recent DNF's by some very experienced cachers, I wonder if sbergeon logged the wrong cache?  Either that, or maybe they stumbled upon the final by accident, figured out what it was, and decided to log into GC.com and play the game.  Interesting...

That is all, folks.  Now get out there and find those caches!

You can take De Astutia GCN1AN [last found on 1/7/06 by Muddy Buddies] off the list.
I found it and logged it today  as Pepper says YIPPPPEEEE SKIPPPPPPEEEE !!!

WTT-B2

Posted Image

#82 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,374 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

You can take De Astutia GCN1AN [last found on 1/7/06 by Muddy Buddies] off the list.
I found it and logged it today   as Pepper says YIPPPPEEEE SKIPPPPPPEEEE !!!

WTT-B2

Can you still be called a stalker since it's been over a year since we found it?
Posted Image

#83 WTT-B2

WTT-B2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationDayton, TX

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:32 PM

I found it and logged it today   as Pepper says YIPPPPEEEE SKIPPPPPPEEEE !!!

WTT-B2

Can you still be called a stalker since it's been over a year since we found it?

The answer to that would have to be positively maybe so kinda I don't think so.. too long

Posted Image

#84 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:09 AM

June Update:
Through the end of May, there were 36 active caches within a 50 mile radius of downtown Houston that have not been found in over 12 months.  They are:

Whistle While You Cache GCKV2V - last found on 2/17/05 by BMcNallen with 3 DNF's since then.  In all likelihood, this cache is missing.
Another Dark Side of Da MQQNGCJ3H8 - last found 8/6/05.  This one was unavailable for a while due to park maintenance.
FTFC #14 - A Tribute Cache GCR3PW - last found on 1/10/06 by Love2Fly.
Lake Conroe PWC Tour #2 GCPNCQ - last found on 1/18/06 by silverado rocket.
Near The Forgotten GCN5X3 - last found on 2/4/06 by MedTexPlacer with 2 DNF's since then.
S-16 GCPE5T last found on 2/11/06 by GrangerFam, with 3 DNF's since.
Photo Recon GCJ4AY - last found on 3/3/06 by ME, with one DNF since.
Rocks for Rhonda GCHTQG - last found on 3/4/06 by Smukke, with one DNF since.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #1 GCPFDA - last found on 3/5/06 by The Popeteers and Big Steve's Crew, with one DNF since.
Cypress Outlook GCNMRY - last found on 3/25/06 by Tx_Secsy & Jeff, with one DNF since.
Snoogan's Snug'uns GCMP0E - last found on 4/1/06 by PPRubens with 3 DNF's since.
Foster Went to School GCQ51K last found on 4/9/06 with 2 DNF's since.
The U2 Incident GCT6E7 - last found on 5/6/06 by the Popeteers.
Moving Coordinates GCMBKT - last found 5/7/06 by skammer.
Fore!.... Sort of GCJ77P - last found 5/7/06 by GrangerFam.
Wunsche Bros. Saloon and Hotel GCTMF7 - last found on 5/9/06 by gloworm45.
Dew Drop Inn GCJE89 - last found 5/9/06 by Pepper.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #10 GCPFDQ - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #9 GCPFDP - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #5 GCPFDG - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #6 GCPFDH - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #8 GCPFDN - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #7 GCPFDJ - last found on 5/12/06 by firefly101.
Swamp Treasure GCT8JV - last found 5/21/06 by Monkey's Uncle.
raising the dead GCM0VA - last found on 5/24/06 by bfde5a.
Lake Conroe PWC Tour #1 GCPNCP - last found on 5/28/06 by gistammy.

Now off the list:
De Astutia (FTFC #4) GCN1AN was found on 5/9/07 by WTT-B2.

This month, one came off the list and fourteen were added.  If you guys don't start finding some of these, I'm going to have to change my survey to only list caches unfound for at least 18 months, instead of 12 months.  Now get out there and find those caches! O0

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#85 OneStepCloser

OneStepCloser

TeamOSC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • LocationHouston and Chicago

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:38 AM

Since your list didn't include DNF's...we spent a good deal of time on the U2 incident a month (or so) ago...it may not be there...

Posted Image

Lead By Example.

Hide Great Caches in Great Locations!

Just Say NO to Cut-n-Paste!

Friends don't let friends mark coords with iPhones. Be kind, use a GPSr.

#86 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:00 PM

August Update:
I apologize for not doing an update last month, but I was on vacation.  Also, I've found a little glitch in the way I determine the last time a cache was found.  I download a PQ into GSAK and sort by "last found".  Unfortunately, if someone logs a find months after actually finding it, GSAK take this "last log" as the date it was last found.  Also, if it's a cache that I have found, GSAK will (sometimes) list my find as the last time it was found (I knew about this quirk, however).  I'm having to go through and look at each cache to determine when the last find actually was.  Because of this, the order of longest unfound caches may have changed a little bit.

Through the end of July, there were 37 active caches within a 50 mile radius of downtown Houston that have not been found in over 12 months.  They are:

Whistle While You Cache GCKV2V - last found on 2/3/06 by BMcNallen with 3 DNF's since then.  In all likelihood, this cache is missing.
Rocks for Rhonda GCHTQG - last found on 3/4/06 by Smukke.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #1 GCPFDA - last found on 3/5/06 by The Popeteers and Big Steve's Crew, with 2 DNF's since.
Snoogan's Snug'uns GCMP0E - last found on 4/1/06 by PPRubens with 4 DNF's since.  Looks like this one is missing.
Foster Went to School GCQ51K last found on 4/9/06 by brucelg with 2 DNF's since.
Moving Coordinates GCMBKT - last found 5/7/06 by skammer.
Fore!.... Sort of GCJ77P - last found 5/7/06 by GrangerFam.
Wunsche Bros. Saloon and Hotel GCTMF7 - last found on 5/9/06 by gloworm45.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #10 GCPFDQ - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #9 GCPFDP - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #5 GCPFDG - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #6 GCPFDH - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #8 GCPFDN - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #7 GCPFDJ - last found on 5/12/06 by firefly101.
Swamp Treasure GCT8JV - last found 5/21/06 by Monkey's Uncle.
raising the dead GCM0VA - last found on 5/24/06 by bfde5a.
Mlaapum mlaapum to GCG8R1 - last found on 6/2/06 by Sadinga with two DNF's since.
Hole in One GCQBY6 - last found on 6/9/06 by protoman21 with five DNF's since.  Looks like this one is a goner.
Sidney Sherman GCM7YT - last found on 6/16/06 by sharpbiker.
Magnolia Tree GC1A61 - last found on 6/17/06 by Taco Supreme with three DNF's since.
HNWBC Puzzle GCNRE4 - last found on 6/18/06 by wowieann and preteen-titan.
A New World GCWH0X - last found on 6/26/06 by Texas Dreamweaver.  This cache was found missing and temporarily disabled today by mtp, uh.. er, I mean... FTF.
Pearl Lake GCJ4PC - last found on 7/3/06 by GrangerFam.
Enchanted Devonshire Woods Walk GCH63P - last found on 7/4/06 by clothahump with two DNF's since.
Boggy Bayou Basin GCKAGH - last found on 7/8/06 by GrangerFam.

Now off the list:
Another Dark Side of Da MQQNGCJ3H8 was found on June 24th by GrangerFam, nearly 2 years since it was last found!  The cache had been disabled for part of this time.
FTFC #14 - A Tribute Cache GCR3PW was found on March 18th by CaptainConcrete, who was a little tardy in logging it.
Lake Conroe PWC Tour #2 GCPNCQ was found on June 28th by eureka1 and GRANNY SMILEY, and on July 10th by Rock-6, after a 17 month lull.
Photo Recon GCJ4AY was found on July 26th by Georeynozos, nearly 17 months after it's last activity!
The U2 Incident GCT6E7 was found on July 18th by pettyatis and G Force.
Dew Drop Inn GCJE89 was found on July 14th by GrangerFam.
Lake Conroe PWC Tour #1 GCPNCP was found on July 10th by Rock-6.

Other changes since the last update:

S-16 GCPE5T was archived.

There are quite a few caches on the list with multiple DNF's that appear to be missing, but the owners just haven't gotten around to checking on them.  If you are one of those owners, how about a little cache maintenance?  If any of these questionable caches are ones you've found before, revisit them if you get a chance and post a "Needs Maintenance" or "Needs Archived" note if they are indeed missing.  Maybe we can get our cache listings in the Houston area cleaned up a bit. 

Now get out there and find those caches! O0

#87 Texas Dreamweaver

Texas Dreamweaver

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Texas

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:42 PM

It appears that after GrangerFam logs a cache..no one else wants to touch it.  ::) He was the last finder on 6 of these caches. >:D

#88 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for the update HC.  You really have to watch that FTF!
Posted Image

#89 WTT-B2

WTT-B2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationDayton, TX

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:28 AM

I looked for Damage Control the other day with no luck. Not sure if I have the correct coords though

Posted Image

#90 GrangerFam

GrangerFam

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationNeartown Houston

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:31 PM

It appears that after GrangerFam logs a cache..no one else wants to touch it.  ::) He was the last finder on 6 of these caches. >:D

It's all part of my "cache and destroy" philosophy...

#91 Mr bird and bear

Mr bird and bear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

I've looking at Cypress Outlook on my PQ's for 3 years now.  Tried it once and failed miserably.  It will not be done by me until October at least.  I imagine it's a little difficult to find after all the rain we've had.

bear

#92 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

I've looking at Cypress Outlook on my PQ's for 3 years now.  Tried it once and failed miserably.  It will not be done by me until October at least.  I imagine it's a little difficult to find after all the rain we've had.

bear

You can reach the cache via a canoe or kayak.
Posted Image

#93 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:14 PM

Although it appears to have been left off the list Statement of Freedom has been found by ATMA. It had been 379 days since it was last found. Thanks for the upkeep on the cache too.  O0
Posted ImagePosted Image

#94 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:20 PM

Our pleasure. We are still picking the twigs out of our hair and couldnt believe it had been that long since the last find.

#95 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:50 PM

Congrats on the find, ATMA!  O0

Statement of Freedom wasn't left off the list.  The list includes caches not found in a year or more, and when I did the August 1st update, SoF had been found 361 days earlier.  It would have made the September list.

#96 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,374 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:00 PM

Congrats on the find, ATMA!   O0

Statement of Freedom wasn't left off the list.  The list includes caches not found in a year or more, and when I did the August 1st update, SoF had been found 361 days earlier.  It would have made the September list.

Ahhh!!! So sorry...doesn't count.  :D :D :police:
Posted Image

#97 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:51 AM

It counts... HC just isn't updating the list often enough. He should update it whenever a cache gets past a year.  :D :D :D :D :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#98 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 19 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

Maybe it'll make honorable mention. ::)

#99 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

It has been mentioned so I guess it is honorable.  O0
Posted ImagePosted Image

#100 GrangerFam

GrangerFam

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationNeartown Houston

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:50 PM

Ever since HC started to publish this list, I've found myself trying to solve/find the older ones.  I picked up "Near the Forgotten" last weekend and worked on "Adventures of 1Geocacher" and "Moving coordinates", which I think I can get now, once I get to that respective side of town.

I've noticed many that are "up North" and kinda beyond how far I really want to drive...

Thanks for publishing this list, HC.  It's making me think beyond my 15 mile radius and do some really interesting and well thought out caches. 

At this point in my caching "career", I'm finding that I spend more time placing caches, doing cool and unusual caches, and trying to keep my "circle of death" at or near zero.

Thanks, again...even though you blew right by me in the numbers category and I'm currently choking on your dust...  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users