I can still lift heavy things.  That's my only claim to fame.   :knuppel2:

TXGA SETX Representative

#862 amberita13

amberita13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

I did my little happy dance when PR finally archived "The Caddyshack" (GCPAVB) last month. Still, it went without a valid find for over four years.

I've noticed all of the CO archiving lately, and it's a good thing. Hopefully by the time Geocoinfest comes around some of these caches that have been sitting here for years with no finds and no CO maintenance will be gone.

I was eyeing that since the moment PR gave that cache a 30 day notice & then archived it 60 days later.

I keep elbowing my husband about us putting one out there because there's a good story to go with it...  :D

• green-eyed and JuleeD like this
img.aspx?txt=Scoot+in+Cache+out!&uid=c71

#863 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

Now off the list: 

GC1J3J1  Star Wars(2) - Phantom Menace: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1J3J2  Star Wars(3) - Attack of the Clones: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1J3J5  Star Wars(5) - A New Hope: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1JH85  Millennium Falcon: Last found two years ago. I found it today.

GC1JRX0  Swamp of Dagobah?: Last found two years ago. I found it today.

GC2H79P Dove Hunt Series - Twins Jungle: Last found over 2 years ago. Replaced by the CO on 10/22/13 and found by Elmdor on 12/10/13.

• FamilieRyan and cachestacker like this

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#864 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

Now off the list:

GC1J3J1 Star Wars(2) - Phantom Menace: Last found three years ago. I found it today.
GC1J3J2 Star Wars(3) - Attack of the Clones: Last found three years ago. I found it today.
GC1J3J5 Star Wars(5) - A New Hope: Last found three years ago. I found it today.
GC1JH85 Millennium Falcon: Last found two years ago. I found it today.
GC1JRX0 Swamp of Dagobah?: Last found two years ago. I found it today.

GC2H79P Dove Hunt Series - Twins Jungle: Last found over 2 years ago. Replaced by the CO on 10/22/13 and found by Elmdor on 12/10/13.

WTG! I believe TW has found a new calling. I challenge you to knock a 1000 of these off the list in the next year!
  • TexasWriter and Dhaulaghiri like this
Posted Image

#865 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

Now off the list: 

GC1J3J1  Star Wars(2) - Phantom Menace: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1J3J2  Star Wars(3) - Attack of the Clones: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1J3J5  Star Wars(5) - A New Hope: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1JH85  Millennium Falcon: Last found two years ago. I found it today.

GC1JRX0  Swamp of Dagobah?: Last found two years ago. I found it today.

I think my record for this list is 10 in a month.  You are half way there.   Nice job.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#866 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,691 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:51 AM

Nice!  A lot of the newer ones on the list are definitely doable with zero or one DNF's.... but they're mostly puzzles that I haven't solved. :uglystupid2:

img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#867 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

Nice!  A lot of the newer ones on the list are definitely doable with zero or one DNF's.... but they're mostly puzzles that I haven't solved. :uglystupid2:

Several of these were on the list 2 years ago and I found them and now they are back with only one find in two years.  Riding the Rail is a puzzle that I never solved just brute forced.  If you want some help TW send me a note and I can help you with the ones I have found.  I think there are 6-7 on the list I found 2 years ago.

Edited by log dawgs, 13 December 2013 - 07:58 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#868 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

TW added 5 more today.....  I was with him for all 5 finds....  

I think my record for this list is 10 in a month.  You are half way there.   Nice job.

Edited by Mr Muddy Buddy, 13 December 2013 - 08:13 PM.

Posted Image

#869 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

Actually, I knocked six more off the list today, and Mr. MB was with me for the first five of them (like Lays potato chips....had to try one more on the way home). :)

GC1M7BB - Rabbit Coordinates: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC1YV9G - Submitted For Your Approval... : Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC1MN7Q - FM1000: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC24X0G - Thanks Trey!: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC2AJ8H - Mossy Feeding Grounds: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC2MRP4 FTFC #85 - 1100 Congress: Found 12/13/13 by TW who took a stick in the eye coming back out and is about to head to the ER

Thanks, Stan. It was fun caching with you. First time caching together and long overdue...

#870 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,691 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

I see a new challenge cache coming.  Find 10 caches in a month that is on the LSLF list.  Wonder if that would fly?

#871 Cache Control

Cache Control

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

I see a new challenge cache coming.  Find 10 caches in a month that is on the LSLF list.  Wonder if that would fly?

Put Pr lets what ever he wants fly.  He does what he wants.  Like archive every cache I try to publish before he publishes them. Yet he lets this one publish.    100 Souvenir Challenge  http://coord.info/GC4DYVX  Which I will never and most will never be able to get.   Thats why I hide caches in other states because of PR.  I could see yours more do able than this one.

Edited by Cache Control, 13 December 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#872 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,691 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

Put Pr lets what ever he wants fly.  He does what he wants.  Like archive every cache I try to publish before he publishes them. Yet he lets this one publish.    100 Souvenir Challenge  http://coord.info/GC4DYVX  Which I will never and most will never be able to get.   Thats why I hide caches in other states because of PR.  I could see yours more do able than this one.

Hmmm, I just need 6 more souvenirs to qualify for Cybercat's cache.  Certainly easier for me to get that finding 1000 in a day or a cache every day for a year.  Probably easier for most folks that finding a cache in every county in the State!

#873 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

Hmmm, I just need 6 more souvenirs to qualify for Cybercat's cache.  Certainly easier for me to get that finding 1000 in a day or a cache every day for a year.  Probably easier for most folks that finding a cache in every county in the State!

I'm at 69 souvenirs, and like you HC, I'm waaaaaayyyyy more likely to make the 100 souvenir challenge than the 1,000-in-a-day-challenge.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#874 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,359 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

We are at 96 souvenirs.   I was kind of surprised we had that many.  I went to look at the cache page to see if anyone had logged it and saw that Stan had already posted the user note of our current count.   It looks like someone made it.  Many challenges like this may be only found by a few, but as years go by, more and more will qualify and be able to sign the log...assuming you are in the area to do so. 

Posted Image

#875 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,691 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

The 31 days of Souvenirs in August certainly helped.

#876 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

Actually, I knocked six more off the list today, and Mr. MB was with me for the first five of them (like Lays potato chips....had to try one more on the way home). :)

GC1M7BB - Rabbit Coordinates: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC1YV9G - Submitted For Your Approval... : Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC1MN7Q - FM1000: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC24X0G - Thanks Trey!: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC2AJ8H - Mossy Feeding Grounds: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC2MRP4 FTFC #85 - 1100 Congress: Found 12/13/13 by TW who took a stick in the eye coming back out and is about to head to the ER

Thanks, Stan. It was fun caching with you. First time caching together and long overdue...

Nice job.  Way to knock that list down!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#877 Baytown Bert

Baytown Bert

Short fat dude with good hygiene

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationBaytown, Texas

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

GC13607 ▼ Fishin' in the Oaks  I nudged this one and the fellow archived it.

TXGA SETX Representative

#878 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

PR temp disabled GC201DG - "Thank you for coming !" over the weekend. Someone must have said something to him. :)  

#879 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

GC2H9E0 - TNT Series #3 - A Ghost In The Darkness was adopted by MOS73 on 12/9/13 and temp disabled so he could check on it. As soon as it's operational I'll go put a find on it.

#880 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

GC2H9E0 - TNT Series #3 - A Ghost In The Darkness was adopted by MOS73 on 12/9/13 and temp disabled so he could check on it. As soon as it's operational I'll go put a find on it.

I can tell you it is not there.  I have made a few looks for that one and the entire area is a mess.  It should be a replace and easy find.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)