1212 replies to this topic

#61 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:43 PM

Well this should drive HC crazy.  I found this one at lunch time.  I would help him out but then his log would be deleted anyway. :D

Don't Pass Me Up
Posted Image

#62 WTT-B2

WTT-B2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationDayton, TX

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:11 PM

Well this should drive HC crazy.  I found this one at lunch time.  I would help him out but then his log would be deleted anyway. :D

Don't Pass Me Up

Yeah, when I saw it it just about drove me crazy too. Congatulations on finding the cache

WTT

Posted Image

#63 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:22 PM

Don't Pass Me Up

Yeah, I already sent you an email.  It was before I saw this post, or I wouldn't have done it...
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#64 WTT-B2

WTT-B2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationDayton, TX

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:25 PM

Don't Pass Me Up

O0 O0 got it Today

Posted Image

#65 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:50 PM

Did HC get it too or did you drop the stalking to do some caching of your own.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#66 WTT-B2

WTT-B2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationDayton, TX

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:09 PM

Did HC get it too or did you drop the stalking to do some caching of your own.

Every once in a while I can't find him and have to wander out on my own. I didn't see him anywhere around today even though sometimes he does stalk me  ;)

Posted Image

#67 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:13 PM

You shoulda been down in Galveston and Hitchcock today.  Then you would have seen me for sure!

#68 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:14 PM

Did you get your webcams???
Posted ImagePosted Image

#69 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:00 PM

I saw him on the Strand webcam.  He was eyeing a fancy red Porsche.   ;D

You shoulda been down in Galveston and Hitchcock today.  Then you would have seen me for sure!

Posted Image

#70 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:04 PM

Well, webcam (singular).  I just wanted to get at least one, so I could add that icon to my profile.  I got the Strand Cam (thanks Stan), but didn't bother with the Harbor Cam or the Surf Cam -- since webcams a little hard to coordinate.

I did all the rest of the caches on the island, except for a DNF on Bosun's End of the Island, plus I got all the caches on Pelican Island.  Then I came back to the mainland, got a few caches in Hitchcock, then spend the afternoon getting all the caches in Jack Brooks park.  Well, all but one, which I spent 45 minutes looking for -- I believe it is muggled.  

I'm really, really tired. :-X

#71 WTT-B2

WTT-B2

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationDayton, TX

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:37 PM

Well, webcam (singular).  I just wanted to get at least one, so I could add that icon to my profile.  I got the Strand Cam (thanks Stan), but didn't bother with the Harbor Cam or the Surf Cam -- since webcams a little hard to coordinate.

I did all the rest of the caches on the island, except for a DNF on Bosun's End of the Island, plus I got all the caches on Pelican Island.  Then I came back to the mainland, got a few caches in Hitchcock, then spend the afternoon getting all the caches in Jack Brooks park.  Well, all but one, which I spent 45 minutes looking for -- I believe it is muggled.  

I'm really, really tired. :-X

You didn't stop and get Virginia Point by Bosun. It's waiting on a "FTF" ?

WTT-B2

Posted Image

#72 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:41 PM

I was working off of my pocket queries from the 28th.  That's usually my luck -- I download queries for an area, then 8 new caches get published 5 minutes later.  :(

#73 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:18 PM

April Update:
Through the end of March, there were 23 unarchived, enabled caches within a 50 mile radius of downtown Houston that have not been found in over 12 months.  They are:

Whistle While You Cache GCKV2V - last found on 2/17/05 by BMcNallen with 3 DNF's since then.  In all likelihood, this cache is missing.
CrossWorlds GCHZVX - last found on 12/4/05 by GrangerFam with one DNF since then.
Elementary, My Dear Watson! GCPHCY - last found on 12/26/05 by GrangerFam.
Trog's Travels GCGY0H - last found on 1/4/06 by JimmyEv.
Circumcenter GCGCX1 - last found on 1/7/06 by Warthog12, with one very recent DNF since.
De Astutia GCN1AN - last found on 1/7/06 by Muddy Buddies.
FTFC #14 - A Tribute Cache GCR3PW - last found on 1/10/06 by Love2Fly.
ANCITW #5 GCND8M - last found on 1/14/06 by PPRubens.
Damage Control GCR827 - last found on 1/18/06 by MAES.
Lake Conroe PWC Tour #2 GCPNCQ - last found on 1/18/06 by silverado rocket.
The Elder Futhark GCRMR9 - last found on 2/4/06 by MedTexPlacer.
Near The Forgotten GCN5X3 - last found on 2/4/06 by MedTexPlacer with 2 DNF's since then.
Far Side GCM9JV - last found on 2/5/06 by GrangerFam.
Four Wheel Power GC5D16 - last found on 2/5/06 by tplasek.
S-16 GCPE5T last found on 2/11/06 by GrangerFam, with 3 DNF's since.
Rustic Country Home GCP90Y - last found on 2/12/06 by bilster.
FTFC #16 - mtp 2nd Anniversary GCRKVQ - last found on 2/14/06 by basenola, with 5 DNF's since then.
Photo Recon GCJ4AY - last found on 3/3/06 by ME, with one DNF since.
Rocks for Rhonda GCHTQG - last found on 3/4/06 by Smukke, with one DNF since.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #1 GCPFDA - last found on 3/5/06 by The Popeteers and Big Steve's Crew, with one DNF since.
Cypress Outlook GCNMRY - last found on 3/25/06 by Tx_Secsy & Jeff, with one DNF since.
Wood Works GCHX49 - last found on 3/27/06 by Atticrat.

Now off the list:
CHIN GI GCRN9E - was found by Dragonhunters 221 & 223 on March 6th after a 14 month hiatus.
Map Skills 101, Freshman Year GCRHJ0 - was found by vertigo84m on March 27th after 14-1/2 months of inactivity.
Sugar Land Safari GCGA9N - was found by vertigo84m on March 24th after a 14 month lull.
Transit of Venus GCJMXW - was found by cybercat and CindyFrag on March 17th.  It had last been found on 2/4/06.
The Big Lebowski GCT95M was found on March 25th by The Muddy Buddies, who were STF exactly 13 months after mtp's FTF.

Good going, folks! O0

Since the last update, the following caches have been temporarily disabled, pending maintenance:
Power to the People GCM1VT - last found on 10/8/05 by Tx_Secsy & Jeff, with 2 DNF's since then.
San Luis Surf and Cache GCGJHF - last found on 2/19/06 by AmaznGrace, with 4 DNF's since then.  Reading the logs, this one is in all likelihood a goner.

I have a feeling that more and more of the Lake Houston/Lake Conroe PWC caches will be finding their way onto the list.  They're impossible to do without the right equipment and many of them seem to be in disrepair or MIA.  Hopefully the owner of the series can check on them to make sure there are still caches to find.

Now, get out there folks and find these caches!

#74 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for the update. Wood Works is mine and if you go there please taken something even if you have nothing to trade.  I have plenty of swag for this cache.

I really enjoyed Trog's Travel but expect to spend a full day on that one and to do a lot of driving.
Posted Image

#75 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:16 PM

I noticed that a large portion of the caches on this list have DNFs after the last finder.  It would really be great if the owners of these caches were to make a post saying that they had checked on the cache and they are still there or are gone.  That way cachers are more likely to go after them. 
Posted Image

#76 vertigo84m

vertigo84m

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:18 AM

Wow!  There must have been something in the air.  Or something about spring.  When I went hunting those long time since found caches recently I didnt know there was a discussion about them going on.   

Thanks for the list.  How did you get that info? I am curious about a larger radius, beyond 50 miles of Houston, perhaps the entire state?

--Wendel (aka Vertigo84m)

#77 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:29 PM

Wow!   There must have been something in the air.  Or something about spring.  When I went hunting those long time since found caches recently I didnt know there was a discussion about them going on.     

Thanks for the list.  How did you get that info? I am curious about a larger radius, beyond 50 miles of Houston, perhaps the entire state?

--Wendel (aka Vertigo84m)

To get the info, I run a series of pocket queries on active caches within a 50 mile radius of downtown Houston.  Since PQ results are limited to 500 caches, I run queries on caches placed before 2005, caches placed during 2005, and caches placed since 2005 -- but at least a year old (basically caches placed Jan-Mar 2006).  This last query is approaching 500 results, so I'll soon have to start a new query for caches placed 2Q06.  I compile all these results into a GSAK database, then sort it for "last found".  Since the PQ's only return the last four posts, I then have to manually go through and weed out ones that have been recently found, but where the last four posts were other than "found it".

I could probably expand it to 75 or 100 mile radius, but I'd have to add more queries.  To do the whole state this way would be next to impossible, but feel free to give it a try! ;)

BTW, congrats on the recent finds, Wendel!

#78 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:45 PM

Don't Pass Me Up

I went back and found this one today.  Took me all of 30 seconds.  I don't know how I missed it the first time.  ???

#79 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:36 AM

May Update:
Through the end of April, there were 23 unarchived, enabled caches within a 50 mile radius of downtown Houston that have not been found in over 12 months.  They are:

Whistle While You Cache GCKV2V - last found on 2/17/05 by BMcNallen with 3 DNF's since then.  In all likelihood, this cache is missing.
Elementary, My Dear Watson! GCPHCY - last found on 12/26/05 by GrangerFam.
Trog's Travels GCGY0H - last found on 1/4/06 by JimmyEv.
De Astutia (FTFC #4) GCN1AN - last found on 1/7/06 by Muddy Buddies.
FTFC #14 - A Tribute Cache GCR3PW - last found on 1/10/06 by Love2Fly.
ANCITW #5 GCND8M - last found on 1/14/06 by PPRubens.
Damage Control GCR827 - last found on 1/18/06 by MAES.
Lake Conroe PWC Tour #2 GCPNCQ - last found on 1/18/06 by silverado rocket.
The Elder Futhark GCRMR9 - last found on 2/4/06 by MedTexPlacer.
Near The Forgotten GCN5X3 - last found on 2/4/06 by MedTexPlacer with 2 DNF's since then.
Far Side GCM9JV - last found on 2/5/06 by GrangerFam.
Four Wheel Power GC5D16 - last found on 2/5/06 by tplasek.
S-16 GCPE5T last found on 2/11/06 by GrangerFam, with 3 DNF's since.
Rustic Country Home GCP90Y - last found on 2/12/06 by bilster.
Photo Recon GCJ4AY - last found on 3/3/06 by ME, with one DNF since.
Rocks for Rhonda GCHTQG - last found on 3/4/06 by Smukke, with one DNF since.
Lake Houston PWC Tour #1 GCPFDA - last found on 3/5/06 by The Popeteers and Big Steve's Crew, with one DNF since.
Cypress Outlook GCNMRY - last found on 3/25/06 by Tx_Secsy & Jeff, with one DNF since.
Wood Works GCHX49 - last found on 3/27/06 by Atticrat.
Snoogan's Snug'uns GCMP0E - last found on 4/1/06 by PPRubens with 3 DNF's since.
Foster Went to School GCQ51K last found on 4/9/06 with 2 DNF's since.
The Adventures of 1Geocacher GCJY6B last found on 4/16/06 by Pepper.

Now off the list:
CrossWorlds GCHZVX was found on April 13th by greenehorn after a 16 month lull.  It was found again on April 15th by Benttandem.
Circumcenter GCGCX1 was found on April 13 by greenehorn after seeing no action for over 15 months.
FTFC #16 - mtp 2nd Anniversary GCRKVQ was found on April 26th by sbergeon, their first and only find ever!  According to their log, they just discovered geocaching.  Being as this is a 3-star multi that has had 5 recent DNF's by some very experienced cachers, I wonder if sbergeon logged the wrong cache?  Either that, or maybe they stumbled upon the final by accident, figured out what it was, and decided to log into GC.com and play the game.  Interesting...

That is all, folks.  Now get out there and find those caches!

#80 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:07 AM

It's too bad if Whistle while you cache has gone missing.  I loved that one.  I wouldn't be surprised if it disappeared though. 

TDW accidentally found part of Circumcenter this week while he was looking for another cache.  The WP for Circumcenter that he found was probably about 5-10' away from another cache. 
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users