1041 replies to this topic

#761 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

I would suggest our geo family attempt to clear out the list by finding and replacing.   If an older cache is truly gone, replacing would would nice in order to keep the hide date active. Otherwise, lets post a ton of maintenance/needs to be archived notices so PR notices and cleans out the back log of missing caches so we have spots to hide new ones!

Well evidently you have not been following what myself and TexasWriter have been doing.  Together in the past 18 months we have knocked out about 30 caches and had about 6 or so archived since they were clearly gone and CO as well.  The issue is two main areas.  West (Katy Area) and far South (Alvin area)  The Clear Lake area has a few as well.  If cachers who live in those areas would go find these caches then the list would be small.

Seems Log Dawgs has the ear of PR.  I noticed several where he posted a Needs Archived and PR deep-sixed it the same day.  Now THAT'S power! :police:

Ok you caught me.....I'll confess I am not PR but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#762 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

Why don't we make a group promise this September to bombard these caches, especially the CO abandoned ones and replace or archive blast them? It's looking like a graveyard out there and these are just the 121 that are over two years. Which is the closest to Baytown, HC...the Cut series?

If they are missing for sure and have lots of DNF's or are clearly gone.  Don't replace them......Request to be Archived and Send PR a note with the cache number etc and say the same.  That's my secret.  He is quick to respond as noted by HC.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#763 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Just looked at the list and there are a couple I might tackle this week.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#764 heftydude

heftydude

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Why don't we make a group promise this September to bombard these caches, especially the CO abandoned ones and replace or archive blast them? It's looking like a graveyard out there and these are just the 121 that are over two years. Which is the closest to Baytown, HC...the Cut series?

If they are missing for sure and have lots of DNF's or are clearly gone.  Don't replace them......Request to be Archived and Send PR a note with the cache number etc and say the same.  That's my secret.  He is quick to respond as noted by HC.

I've done this before and it works as advertised.

Posted Image

#765 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

I sent a note to PR and what do you know......All disabled. 

RED RIDER GC1ZWQ1 - was last found on 4/20/11 by Robin 1 with six DNF's since.

Yorktown Crossing GCRVPZ - was last found on 3/4/11 by camzberry with four DNF's since.

Pine Mill Ranch Park Series #2 GC2QQH3 - was last found on 8/18/11 by Hoosier Ranger with ten DNF's since.

• Baytown Bert likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

#766 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

I sent a note to PR and what do you know......All disabled. 

RED RIDER GC1ZWQ1 - was last found on 4/20/11 by Robin 1 with six DNF's since.

Yorktown Crossing GCRVPZ - was last found on 3/4/11 by camzberry with four DNF's since.

Pine Mill Ranch Park Series #2 GC2QQH3 - was last found on 8/18/11 by Hoosier Ranger with ten DNF's since.

He must like you.  I that how you got the latest FTFC coords so quickly? :coolsmiley:

• ohl hockey guy and TexasWriter like this
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#767 2katz

2katz

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSpring

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

I would suggest our geo family attempt to clear out the list by finding and replacing.   If an older cache is truly gone, replacing would would nice in order to keep the hide date active. Otherwise, lets post a ton of maintenance/needs to be archived notices so PR notices and cleans out the back log of missing caches so we have spots to hide new ones!

Well evidently you have not been following what myself and TexasWriter have been doing.  Together in the past 18 months we have knocked out about 30 caches and had about 6 or so archived since they were clearly gone and CO as well.  The issue is two main areas.  West (Katy Area) and far South (Alvin area)  The Clear Lake area has a few as well.  If cachers who live in those areas would go find these caches then the list would be small.

I was merely talking about the community as a whole working on the list during one given month/time period.        There have been a variety of folks knocking caches off the list, although be it, not as many as you two.   el du

Posted Image

#768 TexasWriter

TexasWriter

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

Aren't all the caches in Katy missing? :stirpot:

Seriously, though, I went out there to cache one day when I was getting close to a new comma (I think it was 3,000) and had about a 60% find ratio for the caches that I wanted to pick up and/or looked for. I would've thought I just sucked at caching (at least that day) if it weren't for all the prior DNF's on almost all the ones I didn't get. Maybe it was just the section of Katy I chose (one the cache map it looked pretty cache-dense), but I haven't been back there since then except to grab FTF's (ironically most of those were there...lol).

Deep Woods Off....my most commonly used cologne...

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=90f8013

#769 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

um... yeah... so I know I should have waited til it froze over to search for it, but powerdog02 and I attempted FTFC 83 this evening.   could not get to it... I have the puzzle solved, but it wasn't happening.  log is a great read.

• Kirbydox, Dhaulaghiri and rozowski5 like this
the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#770 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

I found  Go Directly to Jail! GC2JCX5 - was last found on 6/11/11 by L Clan.   Last night.  It was there and stillw aiting to be found. 

I DNFed Spiderman's Cache GC1KXXK - was last found on 2/14/11 by L Clan with two DNF's since. The CO reports that it's still there!   I refuse to stick my arm in a hole where I can not see.  Big Bender has done that to me twice now on puzzles.  SNAKE HAVEN

• rozowski5 likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

#771 log dawgs

log dawgs

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

I was merely talking about the community as a whole working on the list during one given month/time period.        There have been a variety of folks knocking caches off the list, although be it, not as many as you two.   el du

I was just messing with you.   There are quite a few who follow this list and attempt to tackle them. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

#772 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

I found  Go Directly to Jail! GC2JCX5 - was last found on 6/11/11 by L Clan.   Last night.  It was there and stillw aiting to be found. 

I DNFed Spiderman's Cache GC1KXXK - was last found on 2/14/11 by L Clan with two DNF's since. The CO reports that it's still there!   I refuse to stick my arm in a hole where I can not see.  Big Bender has done that to me twice now on puzzles.  SNAKE HAVEN

And you are wise not to do so! When we were up in Virginia I found a cache in a tree stump (in semi-darkness), accidentally dropped it when putting it back and when I tried to retrieve it stared right in the two unblinking eyes of some snake. Needless to say I left the container right where it was and contacted the CO to tell him what happened... don't even want to imagine what would've happened if I would just have put my hand in there to feel for the container  :shocking:  :startled:

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#773 rozowski5

rozowski5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

And you are wise not to do so! When we were up in Virginia I found a cache in a tree stump (in semi-darkness), accidentally dropped it when putting it back and when I tried to retrieve it stared right in the two unblinking eyes of some snake. Needless to say I left the container right where it was and contacted the CO to tell him what happened... don't even want to imagine what would've happened if I would just have put my hand in there to feel for the container  :shocking:  :startled:

where is the unlike button?  Or the I sure hate that button?  but I do want you to find my snake by your memorial #4 cache - just to validate it was super scary! 

#774 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

We did a cache a few years ago that had me sticking my arm into a stump hole and the cache was inside a vinyl snake!

I pulled it out and tossed it at Rhonda while yelling "Snake!". The next hour or so was not good for me...

• log dawgs likes this

#775 ohl hockey guy

ohl hockey guy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts
  • LocationFriendswood, TX

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

We did a cache a few years ago that had me sticking my arm into a stump hole and the cache was inside a vinyl snake!

I pulled it out and tossed it at Rhonda while yelling "Snake!". The next hour or so was not good for me...

But the rest of us enjoyed it. LOL

Edited by ohl hockey guy, 04 September 2013 - 01:10 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#776 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

I did too for the first half a second. :knuppel2:

But the rest of us enjoyed it. LOL

#777 Dhaulaghiri

Dhaulaghiri

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationRice Village, Houston

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

If I tried a stunt like that, I would be sleeping on the couch for at least a month... If she wouldn't outright divorce me right then, right there.

Mrs. Dhaulaghiri is terrified of snakes.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

"Some say he can get FTF on a 5 terrain cache blindfolded. Some say he's never decrypted a hint and doesn't own a GPSr. All we know is... he's called The STIG!" -Houston Control

img.aspx?txt=View+my+profile&uid=7e0df5f

#778 Mr Muddy Buddy

Mr Muddy Buddy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere, in the Great State of Confusion

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

FTFC #83 was a tough bushwack.  There is sort of a trail to about the last 100', then it took about 20 minutes to go those last 100', and then circling around to the other side of the brush pile.

um... yeah... so I know I should have waited til it froze over to search for it, but powerdog02 and I attempted FTFC 83 this evening.   could not get to it... I have the puzzle solved, but it wasn't happening.  log is a great read.

Posted Image

#779 green-eyed

green-eyed

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • LocationLeague City

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

FTFC #83 was a tough bushwack.  There is sort of a trail to about the last 100', then it took about 20 minutes to go those last 100', and then circling around to the other side of the brush pile.

didn't see anything even remotely resembling a trail or clearing where I was when I turned around.  Bunch of downed trees in the way from the "clear" portion we were in.  We might try again later when the mosquitos aren't nearly as thick.

the crazy lady often found caching in a dress and heels...
Posted Image

#780 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,597 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

LOL

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users