4103 replies to this topic

#121 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:32 AM

Congrats to MaggieB for passing the 600 mark. GOOD JOB!!!!

#122 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:33 PM

Good going on your 100th find. That is a lot of fun you are having in such a short time.
You have some really great hides too!

#123 kandrs

kandrs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:23 AM

Congrats on your 700th!

#124 HoustonControl

HoustonControl

Charter Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts
  • LocationBaytown

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:36 AM

I found my first cache one year ago today!  365 days, 406 geocaches found, 22 hides, 46 terracache finds, 5 hides and 1708 TPS points.  Most importantly, I've met a lot of great people!  It's been a fun first year and I look forward to many more! O0
img.aspx?txt=What+in+the+Hell?&uid=1dd8c

#125 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,259 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:39 AM

You're a caching machine..
You're averaging 1.2383561643835616438356164383562 caches/finds a day. O0
img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report obusive, offensive, and or objectionial message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Besides, it's good for you after all those buttery hot tortillas you've been porkin'

#126 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • LocationJust Off Bellaire Chinatown

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:38 AM

Nice to see Maggieb and Themelman get their 600th and 400th at our cache.  We celebrate with you. 
Nice also to see ATMA at 700+ caching in our part of town.  Maybe one day we will get off the dime and down the NASA-Galveston way and do a few of yours. 
Congrats also to KANDRS for passing the century mark.
Ahh.. caching...such a wonderfl sport. 

#127 ATMA

ATMA

Slightly Confused

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts
  • LocationNASA JSC Area

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:53 AM

We have really enjoyed your part of town too and had a lot of fun. Not done with that area yet either. There is one we think needs to be approached via helicopter and repel ropes that is of interest to us. One way in was stopped by a huge swamp and the other by about 25 residents wondering why we were cutting through their side yards. It freaked us out so we decided to move on.
You are welcome to come do ours and the many others in our part of town and we all look forward to seeing your logs of them.
We adopted a cache a while back named Vintage Fancy and finished off buying start off contents for it yesterday over in the Sugar Land area thanks to a large city garage sale! They had the perfect things for this cache.
Funny to run the stats on caches per day. Since 7 Aug 05, we have cached 210 days. Running the numbers, that is 3.33333... caches per day and was interesting to see all of the 3's line up.
We were out with KandRS and OHL Hockey Guy Saturday when KandRS logged their 100th. They even have a neat photo of it.

#128 TexasNative

TexasNative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Locationconroe/cleveland area

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:52 PM

They even have a neat photo of it.

Aww man! I didn't get to take a photo of my 100th. I was alone when I did mine.

#129 kandrs

kandrs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:30 AM

We travel with a clamperpod, its a clamping tripod.  Perfect for groups of two.  We got a great picture of us, ATMA and OHL Hockeyguy on our #99 using it.  Very handy.

#130 King of Fools

King of Fools

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:50 PM

I've been out of the picture for a while (not by choice) but finally grabbed a few easy ones to get my GC total over the 100 mark.  Onward to the next 100 (hope it won't take as long).

#131 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:53 PM

I've been out of the picture for a while (not by choice) but finally grabbed a few easy ones to get my GC total over the 100 mark.  Onward to the next 100 (hope it won't take as long).

Congratulations on your 100!!!

#132 kandrs

kandrs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:15 AM

Yeah, congrats, its just the first milestone, we're looking forward to our future ones as well!

#133 JOY AND BULL

JOY AND BULL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:46 AM

we hit 800 this past week---we are so excited...we did over 100 in 5 days---we hope to get 1000 by the end of the month-was hoping for tc2006 being the 1000...but i don't see that happening with the incoming bad weather...look out all the higher ranking cachers--above us--here we come...thanks pepper--for letting us--do your pepper celebration as our 800th find.

#134 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:02 PM

I reached a milestone a few days ago by adding an addtional state to my cache list.  I hope to add another state today!
Posted Image

#135 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,360 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:08 PM

I reach a milestone a few days ago by adding an addtional state to my cache list.  I hope to add another state today!

SP, I see you're in Louisiana, so what's your status?  Also, what's the other state that you are going to do?
Posted Image

#136 Texas Dreamweaver

Texas Dreamweaver

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Texas

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:18 PM

.... There is one we think needs to be approached via helicopter and repel ropes that is of interest to us. One way in was stopped by a huge swamp and the other by about 25 residents wondering why we were cutting through their side yards. It freaked us out so we decided to move on.

Quick this one sound like real fun...where do I sign up for the helicopter??

BTW, a week ago, I headed for MAES "Sonny Susan" cache down near Needville.   I got my 100th along with my wife's 1st find.  She is no longer a geo widow.  From now on she will be known as "WeinieQueenie".  (Any questions ask MAES)

#137 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

For those of you that haven't stumbled across a TDW coupon for a 2 for 1  hotdog at Deputy Dogs (Small place almost at the River Bridge in Richmond near the court house), WeenieQueenie does serve up a great hot dog.  MAES is particularly fond of the one with the sauerkraut and great mustard.... O0

#138 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:39 PM

SP, I see you're in Louisiana, so what's your status?  Also, what's the other state that you are going to do?

I was planning on crossing the border at Slidell to Mississippi this afternoon but my plans changed so I went for a puzzle cache with a White Jeep.
Posted Image

#139 MAES

MAES

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:57 AM

How about a little report on the shape in which you found the roads and bridges around New Orleans Sockpuppet?

#140 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:19 AM

The major freeways and roads are fine.  Most of the street are passable but with lots of temporary stop sign.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users