Posted Image

#102 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:09 AM

Thats all great news about Francis' progress......bad news about the requirements to get in the "clique'". I'm kinda attached to may hair, in a vain sorta way  :-\

#103 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,359 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:53 AM

I went by TIRR yesterday to try to catch Frances and give her the Get Well poster from the event.  I only had a short window that I could stay because of a meeting that I had later on in the day.  When I arrived, I went to her room and she was not there.  Her schedule said she was in OT.  I placed the poster on her bulletin board and signed the logbook so that she would know that I was there.  I really had wanted to visit with her, but I guess it wasn't meant to be for yesterday.  I did find the cache that Parkerplus put right outside of TIRR.  I hope that I'll get to see Frances and Sam soon.  We really missed them at the Thanksgiving Event. 
Posted Image

#104 UsMorrows

UsMorrows

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, TX

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:17 PM

Sorry you missed Frances, she really liked the get-well poster. Her weekdays are pretty full. She had 5 ½ hours of stuff scheduled yesterday. One 30-minute session was “Goals”. I asked her what goals were and she said they ask you what your goals are. She said she told them to go geocaching and then had to spend the rest of the time explaining what geocaching was. If it warms up enough this weekend we will hunt the cache ParkerPlus put out.

I had hoped to bring her to the event last weekend but then thought it might be too much for her. I had her outside for about an hour Saturday and she was ready to lie back down. I took the dogs with me Sunday. It’s a trick to walk two Collies and push a wheelchair at the same time.

#105 Snoogans

Snoogans

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • LocationThe Armpit of the Universe

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:43 AM

Mynda and I would like to go visit Frances at least once between the holidays.

It sounds like Frances' dance card is really full. So, when is the best time and day of the week to visit according to her schedule? Is evening OK?

Also, where is the most convenient parking?

We sure missed you guys at the Thanksgiving event. I can't wait to see Frances enjoying herself at another event. I hope it's not too long before she can.

#106 UsMorrows

UsMorrows

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, TX

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:06 PM

Mynda and I would like to go visit Frances at least once between the holidays.

It sounds like Frances' dance card is really full. So, when is the best time and day of the week to visit according to her schedule? Is evening OK?

Also, where is the most convenient parking?

We sure missed you guys at the Thanksgiving event. I can't wait to see Frances enjoying herself at another event. I hope it's not too long before she can.

She usually doesn’t have therapy on Saturday or Sunday. There won’t be any this Thursday and the nurse didn’t know about Friday. Even if she does have therapy is is usually through by 3:30pm. If she is not in her room she may be sitting up on the opposite side of the nurses station, just continue down the hall from her room and go around the corner.

There is a parking lot on the west side of TIRR. It is mostly handicap parking but I have always found a space. There is a garage next to the lot. If your in the garage you have to go up to the first level on the north side for the pay station. The pay station for the TIRR lot is in the lobby.

#107 Team_J

Team_J

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationFarmington, NY

Posted 05 December 2005 - 06:22 PM

Sam told me I could post this to the forum.

Frances is improving. He brother comes down every other week and he tells me he can really see the difference. I guess I see her so often I don’t see the difference that others do. She did start moving her left leg the weekend before Thanksgiving. They are working that leg quite a bit in PT.  Her left arm is still hurting and she is supposed to get cortisone shot to help it tomorrow. She is getting quite feisty. Friday when I went up she said, “When I went to physical therapy today I told Michael that he better not hurt me, because if I leave here crying Sam is going to kick your scrawny ass”. I said “You really didn’t tell him that, did you?”. She said “Yes, and he didn’t hurt me”. We are not supposed to leave the property without a pass but I pushed her to the Zoo Saturday. It was a nice day to be out but I was worn out when we got back. We have found two caches since she has been in TIRR. One Parker Plus put in front of the hospital and one about a half mile down Braes Bayou.

P.S. She moved to room 403, bed two.

#108 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,359 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:55 AM

Is Frances still scheduled to go home about Dec. 15th?
Posted Image

#109 UsMorrows

UsMorrows

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, TX

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:55 AM

She is scheduled to be released from TIRR January 17 but most likely going to TLC in Galveston (Transitional Learning Cemter).

We do have a day pass for today so she will be coming home for Christmas if only for a day. If the weather is nice next weekend I hope to get a pass for Saturday and come to the New Year Event.

#110 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,256 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:31 AM

I'm glad she is coming home for Christmas. Its the best place to be. Tell her that Sue and I wish the both of you a very Merry Christmas.
img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report obusive, offensive, and or objectionial message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Besides, it's good for you after all those buttery hot tortillas you've been porkin'

#111 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:08 AM

Merry Christmas to Sam and Frances!  I am glad she is able to come home for Christmas.  It won't be long before she is able to come home.  Both Sam and Frances are amazing people.  Their courage and perserverance is inspiring!

Sam thanks for turning on the light the other day!  I was lost in Baytown but I just followed the light back to Deer Park/La Porte.
Posted Image

#112 UsMorrows

UsMorrows

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, TX

Posted 25 December 2005 - 03:04 PM

Hi Frances here I just wanted to say Thank you to all who have visited me and especially for all of the prayers. I would like to also say Merry Christmas to each and every one of you. We Love you all.

#113 Cherokeecacher

Cherokeecacher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 10:35 PM

She is scheduled to be released from TIRR January 17 but most likely going to TLC in Galveston (Transitional Learning Cemter).

We do have a day pass for today so she will be coming home for Christmas if only for a day. If the weather is nice next weekend I hope to get a pass for Saturday and come to the New Year Event.

That would be AWESOME :D We miss you guys soooooo much. Michelle said she will "try" to remember the pictures from the wedding for y'all to look at.

#114 PARKERPLUS

PARKERPLUS

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

Just a quick update on Frances.  Yesterday, I was able to visit Sam and Frances at their house in La Porte.  Frances was on a overnite pass in order to keep Sam and the dogs busy.

Frances was finally able to move down to Galveston on Feb 3 after several delays.  She commented she loves it down there.  The people is more friendly and not is such a rush but you better be in the serving line for breakfast, lunch and supper, otherwise nothing.  No late dinners.  She has phyisical treatment from 7AM till 6PM, then to bed at 8PM.

She is allowed only two glasses of tea per day for some reason but Sam has given her a couple of 54oz jugs to drink from.

She is looking good when I saw her.  She even climbed the stairs when she got home (with Sam's help).  She was playing/loving with Heidi while I was there.

I guess I will have to go down there and place two or three caches down there for her

#115 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for the great new on about Francis and Sam.
Posted Image

#116 One of the Texas Vikings

One of the Texas Vikings

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationHumble

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:07 PM

That is really great news, all the Texas Vikings have been praying and following her progress.. Thanks....

#117 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:30 AM

It's really great to hear how well she's been doing, and we'll really be missing Frances and Sam at TC this year.  Maybe at least we can bring back a little something to make her smile, we'll give it our best anyway.  We'll be thinking of you both always.......with Frances spreading the word about Geocaching, we'll be bigger than Nascar in a couple years. O0

#118 Snoogans

Snoogans

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • LocationThe Armpit of the Universe

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:25 PM

Is there any updates on how Frances is doing?  We sure will miss Sam & Frances at the challenge this weekend.   :(

It's really NOT gonna be the same without them.... :'(

#119 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:29 PM

Is there any updates on how Frances is doing?  We sure will miss Sam & Frances at the challenge this weekend.   :(

It's really NOT gonna be the same without them.... :'(

OK, enuf of the tears.... I know that Sam and Frances are rooting for the home team. They will be dancing a jig when we show them our trophy!!!!  :)

#120 JOY AND BULL

JOY AND BULL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:34 AM

i spoke to sam last night--to get the southeast texas geocaching signs...

fran is doing well...getting to go home every weekend..they removed the cast from her ankles yesterday..so this weekend..they will find our if she will be able to climb the stairs on her ankles--without the cast...says she starts at 7 am and goes til 5 pm daily--for exercises...

they wish all that is going to tc06 a safe trip and expect the trophy to coming back to southeast texas....
i told him--i would call him personal myself to tell the status of the challenge...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users