• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#61 Cherokeecacher

Cherokeecacher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 09:29 PM

Sam///Please secure the house then get the hell out of there.LOL we do not nee a second morrow to worry about. If you, and or Bry(i)an and his wife, need a place to stay let us know. If you decide to stay in La Porte, against the manditory evac., let us no so Snoogans and I will know if we need to paddle some supplies in to you on Sunday :o. My cell number should be in your cell phone.

#62 UsMorrows

UsMorrows

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, TX

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:14 PM

The last time I saw Frances was Tuesday night. Friday they were moving all ICU patients to a central location. Today when I talked to her nurse she was back in 7 South 4. The nurse said she was doing fine. I am going to try to get down there tomorrow. Frances sure is missing out on a lot of excitement.

#63 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,815 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 05:36 AM

Sam,  Thanks for the update.  Glad you, Biran and his wife made it alright and that Frances was well take care of.  I am still stuck in Austin.  Mayor White says I should not return until Monday.  I will be changing Hotels.  My daughter will be flying back to college via Austin.

Posted Image

#64 UsMorrows

UsMorrows

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, TX

Posted 25 September 2005 - 06:05 AM

Correction, I was at the hospital Wednesday. I am having a hard time remembering what day it is. Sock Puppet, come home when you want to, the weather is fime here.

#65 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 25 September 2005 - 07:04 AM

Sam,  Thanks for the update.  Glad you, Biran and his wife made it alright and that Frances was well take care of.  I am still stuck in Austin.  Mayor White says I should not return until Monday.  I will be changing Hotels.  My daughter will be flying back to college via Austin.

I'm glad to see you all weathered the storm well Sam, I was thinkin about you. HOpe you get to see Francis soon, and I'm glad to hear your update!

SP...Well....there's no reason to come back really....most places were shut down, only 1 grocery store open, no gas, no school here till wednesday. Just don't get yerself stuck in another traffic jam. How'd ya do gettin outa town?

#66 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,815 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:46 AM

Well we tried to go US90A thru Richmond/Rosenburg to I71.  I eneded up going 59 south towards El Campo.  I had jotted down a backroad 102.  It takes you thru some really interesting places. Got to I-10 and struggled for 5 miles to I71 which was fine until Austin.  I ham thinking of I-71 to US 59 on the return trip.

I guess we will stock up on food and stuff in Austin before we leave to return to Houston.
Posted Image

#67 Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddies

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationAlief

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:19 AM

I am still stuck in Austin.  Mayor White says I should not return until Monday.  I will be changing Hotels.  My daughter will be flying back to college via Austin.

Sockpuppet, I wouldn't worry about what the mayor says about return if you have enough gas to get back.  We decided to return yesterday before we got stuck in the parking lot traffic returning to Houston.  It was a good choice.  We have plenty of food and we have power, so everything is pretty normal at home.  Do make sure you have plenty of gas before you return in case you get caught in bumper to bumper traffic. 
Posted Image

#68 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,815 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 05:41 PM

Thanks for the heads-up.  I dropped my daughter off at the Austin airport to fly back to Califfornia for school.  I drove 25 miles to a Bastrop Hotel and will leave tomorrow for Houston.

Good needs about food and fuel.
Posted Image

#69 indianpoint

indianpoint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHouston,Texas

Posted 25 September 2005 - 10:33 PM

Well i see we all made it thru Rita ..except has anyone heard from Cary-Babslover?

:angel: Just a note to let all Fellow Geocachers know that September 27 is Francis Birthday.Keep the Prayers coming for her recovery...

#70 Cherokeecacher

Cherokeecacher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 08:42 AM

Well i see we all made it thru Rita ..except has anyone heard from Cary-Babslover?

:angel: Just a note to let all Fellow Geocachers know that September 27 is Francis Birthday.Keep the Prayers coming for her recovery...

Joy posted in another thread (the Rita one) that Babs is at her sister's in Tyler.

#71 UsMorrows

UsMorrows

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, TX

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:17 PM

Been awhile since an update on Frances so here goes:

I left town Thursday and didn’t get back up to see her until Sunday. She was pretty tired when I got there but Jim and Deb (Terratreckers) had been there earlier and Deb said she read the logbook to Frances and would ask if she remembered the cacher, Deb said she would nod yes or no. Tuesday she had a fever and slept the whole time I was there so I didn’t even open her birthday cards. The nurse said the doctors had released her to go to intermediate care but they didn’t have a room available so she stayed in ICU. I also talked to two of the rehabilitation hospital representatives Tuesday night.

I left work about 2:00pm and went to the hospital. I really go concerned when I went into the room and didn’t see all the lights on the ventilator. Finally noticed the air tube was not on the ventilator but to the oxygen on he wall. When the nurse came in she told me they had the vent just help inflate her lungs at about 8:30am and then took her off it about 12:30pm. The other good news is the neurosurgeon wanted a CT tonight and the Cardiologist an Angiogram tonight. They will look at them in the morning and then pow-wow. If everything looks good, and they think it will, she will go to a rehabilitation hospital possibly tomorrow just skipping intermediate care. I was on such an emotional high when I left I could of flew home.

On a side note: I read her B-day cards from several cachers, mom and myself to her. You could tell she was listening but didn’t have any real facial expressions. The last one was one with a picture of a dog on the front, I read it and said it was signed “Hugs from Bear and Kisses from Heidi”. She got the biggest smile on her face. I sure know where I am on the totem pole now.

#72 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:09 PM

Fantastic News. Please tell her that we are thinking about her and she is definately in our prayers. Sam, keep up your spirits and all will be right.  O0 I am sitting here grinning from ear to ear knowing that she is getting the best love and the best care possible.
Your geofamily
gsguru AKA Diane

#73 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,815 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:35 PM

What great news about Frances's improvement!
Posted Image

#74 Cherokeecacher

Cherokeecacher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:30 PM

That is awesome Sam!!!! Please tell her that Michelle and I are thinking about her, and you too, everyday. The wedding plans are coming along, things are hectic, and you guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

#75 Snoogans

Snoogans

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • LocationThe Armpit of the Universe

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:30 AM

Mynda (Salmongirl) and I went to see Frances tonight. (9/28) I noticed her room had changed to 7 South ICU 5 bed 8.

We brought her a Famnig (A stuffed pillow shaped like a heart with 2 arms to hug.) from Ikea and a vase with some fake calalillies in it. (No real plants allowed in ICU) I noticed that her new kitchen wallpaper was calalillies, so I hope she likes them.

She got one eye open and then both and even smiled. She was moving her right arm and leg a bunch. She has pretty good control of her right hand and looked soooooo much better than the last time I saw her.

We signed the log and read some entries to her. I passed an Ohio geocoin on to her that JoGPS wanted her to have. She even motioned to have a closer look at it. I taped the coin into the log book. She really likes to look at the dog pictures and I promised her a picture of Cujo.

Mostly we just talked to her. She really responds now and smiled again when I told her I had bought a turtle hand puppet to chase her around with at events. She really seems to like the nurse that checked up on her at about 8:45. She smiled big for her too.

She was still wide awake when we left at about 9:25, so I could get Mynda back to her car and I could get to work at 10:00. I hated to leave, but I was glad to see her doing so much better. I just bet she'll be attending events way before her therapy is finished. I told her not to be too mean to her therapists. ;)

#76 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:30 AM

That is such AWESOME news! Sam, keep your chin up and thanks for letting us know! I'm so happy for her, she's really a strong woman!

#77 Babslover

Babslover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBeaumont, Texas

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:57 AM

Tell her Blackbelt and I love her and think of her often!!!

Hang in there Sam!  Love ya man!

#78 tktrekker

tktrekker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFt Hood

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:40 AM

Would some one post the mailing address for Frances as I would like to mail out a card to her.  Thank Teri

#79 UsMorrows

UsMorrows

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, TX

Posted 29 September 2005 - 01:06 PM

Would some one post the mailing address for Frances as I would like to mail out a card to her.  Thank Teri

Frances has been released to go to a long term care and rehabalition hospitable. She was evaluated by several and when I talked to ICU they said she could be going this evening. As soon as I have an address I will let you know.

#80 UsMorrows

UsMorrows

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, TX

Posted 30 September 2005 - 08:43 AM

Frances has a new home. It is a long-term acute care facility where she will be getting therapy every day to get her back to normal.
Triumph Hospital Clear Lake
350 Blossom St.
Webster, TX 77598-4206
(281) 316-7800

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users