119 replies to this topic

#21 Team CountryStylin

Team CountryStylin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 08 September 2005 - 08:05 PM

We are there right with u, S & F**** Hang on, Help's on the way!
Love u guys!
Rob & Deb*
(Team CountryStylin)

#22 Team CountryStylin

Team CountryStylin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 08 September 2005 - 08:08 PM

we have been in contact with numerous--people on frans condition...please keep her in your prayers-She is responding..but is Not Awake...and is St. Luke's Hospital.

--but i would also like people to pray for Carolyn Hamby...of Billy H. and Family..this afternoon--she had another Stroke..and is CLear Lake Hospital...

My Prayers go out to Both Carolyn and Fran...and their families...

Prayers Granted for Carolyn & Family as well!!!!!
Love ya,
Rob & Deb*

#23 Team Tulip

Team Tulip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationMissouri City, Texas

Posted 08 September 2005 - 08:24 PM

Team Tulip has been on vacation, so we missed the posts until now, and we are deeply saddened and concerned about Francis.

Our thoughts and best wishes are with the Morrows!  Can we send flowers or other items of comfort?

Scott & Amy
Team Tulip

#24 Cherokeecacher

Cherokeecacher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:12 PM

I spent some time at St. Luke’s tonight with Sam and family. Jim and Deb were there too. Sam took me in to see Fran for a while and I thought she looked great. Yes she is still unconscious, but seemed to respond to the touch of visitors. The latest test shows that there is NO NEW bleeding, some of the swelling is going down, and the blood they could not drain surgically IS starting to take care of itself. This is all good news.

That’s the latest report as of 10pm on 9/8/05.

--Scott--

#25 tktrekker

tktrekker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFt Hood

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:32 PM

Thanks Scott for the update on Francis I appreciate .  Will keep both Francis and Sam as well as Carollyn and Bill H in my prayers that all will be well very soon.                             

#26 Mustard Devil

Mustard Devil

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:32 PM

Francis and Carolyn are both in my thoughts and prayers.

#27 TerraTrekkers

TerraTrekkers

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:18 PM

We just returned from the hospital. Frances is still unconscious but they have upgraded her condition from critical to serious.    O0
Jim & Deb
" Well , here's another nice mess you've gotten me into " Laurel and Hardy

Posted Image

#28 UsMorrows

UsMorrows

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, TX

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:54 PM

Hello from Sam. I thought I would bring the laptop up to the hospital and do this.
Frances had another cat scan last night and the neurosurgeon was real pleased with the results. Most of the blood has drained from her brain and there has been no new bleeding. He said he would consider her condition upgraded from critical to serious and her condition is no longer life threatening. Of course he said something strange could happen but the chances are low. He also said he does not foresee ant more surgery.

The bad news is she might still be in a coma for up to two weeks and then another couple of weeks in ICU. They may put a trach in next week; they said it would be more comfortable for her. She could breathe on her own but it would be shallow and make it easier for her to get pneumonia.  The neurologist said at least the hemorrhage was on the right side. Speech problems and paralysis is more likely for damage on the left side. Still it could take up to 1 ½ years for her to completely .Guess you won’t see us on the trails for awhile.

Her family amazing, the closest is Luling and the farthest Joplin, MO but the three brothers, sister, sister-in-law, and both daughters were here the same day. Then there is her extended family of geocachers. The geocachers have been great, many have been in to see her even though it is not a pretty sight. Heck we almost had an event tonight. Joy Rose and Hubby Bull, Muddy Buddies, Texas_Secy and of course Terra Treckers (who have been there nearly every day) were all there today. There is also all the interest in how she is doing from those near and far. God Bless You All.

On a side note Frances said she was going to stop smoking this week. Her method seems rather extreme to me but it has been very effective.

#29 Team_J

Team_J

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationFarmington, NY

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:27 PM

Hey guys:  let's send Fran greetings via the St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital website. That way when she wakes up, she'll see how much we're praying for her, thinking of her and missing her company.  The link is:

(tinyurl link)

If this doesn't work, go to:

http://www.sleh.com/sleh/index.cfm

Page down, and click on "send eGreeting to a Patient"

momJ of Team_J

#30 Babslover

Babslover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBeaumont, Texas

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:43 AM

Blackbelt and I visited Fran Saturday. We can't lose sight of the fact that she is still very serious, but I thought she looked great.  The swelling continues to go down and the fact that she is no longer critical means our prayers are being answered!

Sam, we are here for you if you need us!
Love to Fran when she wakes up!
Cary

#31 tktrekker

tktrekker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFt Hood

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:54 AM

I really appreciate all the updates regarding  Fran here on the site.  Being way up here at FT Hood makes it hard not knowing how she is doing and all you in Houston have made it great keeping us out of towners up to date.  Asou know the hospital won't tell you a thing when you call.  Thanks!!

Sam you both stay in our prayers always
Tktrekker

#32 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 12 September 2005 - 10:01 AM

I posted an eGreeting on the website (thanks Babslover).

Does anyone have a video recorder for the Summer Celebration? Thought we could put together a get well greeting or something along those lines. Whatcha think??

#33 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,330 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 12 September 2005 - 10:03 AM

According to Joyrose, Frances woke up this morning around 3am and is responding to meds, etc.. However she is sleeping now..  O0

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#34 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 12 September 2005 - 10:09 AM

Fantastic news. Our prayers are working. Keep em coming. Thanks for the update.
gsguru

#35 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,816 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:08 AM

According to Joyrose, Frances woke up this morning around 3am and is responding to meds, etc.. However she is sleeping now..  O0

Fantastic new on Frances.  Also keep Sam and his family in your prayers.
Posted Image

#36 tktrekker

tktrekker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFt Hood

Posted 12 September 2005 - 01:03 PM

I have a digital recorder I can bring with me if someone will volunteer to be the camera person

;) O0

#37 tktrekker

tktrekker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFt Hood

Posted 12 September 2005 - 05:22 PM

I posted an eGreeting on the website (thanks Babslover).

I left a message also that is a wonderful message center they have and very easy to do.

#38 UsMorrows

UsMorrows

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, TX

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:19 PM

Hello everyone, I should be sleeping but I am getting used to sleep deprivation.

Great news today, the ICU doctor told me that she woke up about 3:00am and responded to nurses. Around noon she would open her eyes when they would turn her and this afternoon she was awake and squeezed Bulls hand when he asked her to. Friday the neurosurgeon said it might be a couple of weeks before she woke up. He doesn’t know what a tough old girl she is.

P.S. Thanks to Snoogans there is a logbook sitting on her window sill. Any of you that go up be sure to sign it.

#39 Snoogans

Snoogans

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • LocationThe Armpit of the Universe

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:49 AM

Hello everyone, I should be sleeping but I am getting used to sleep deprivation.

Great news today, the ICU doctor told me that she woke up about 3:00am and responded to nurses. Around noon she would open her eyes when they would turn her and this afternoon she was awake and squeezed Bulls hand when he asked her to. Friday the neurosurgeon said it might be a couple of weeks before she woke up. He doesn’t know what a tough old girl she is.

P.S. Thanks to Snoogans there is a logbook sitting on her window sill. Any of you that go up be sure to sign it.

MANNNNNnnnnn, that's great news. She stirred a little while I was there and she had rapid eye movement as if she was dreaming. She didn't respond to me squeezing her hand or talking to her though.

The nurses let me stay until 6:30 (30 minutes past visiting hours) because I had only just gotten there at 5:30.

After I got home, I talked with a friend who is an ICU nurse and she explained a little better some of the things I observed in the hour that I was there. I felt cautiously optimistic after talking to her.  :)

BTW- I have a log book and a card for Carolyn as well. I just found out that she is back at home, so maybe I'll put that one in Frances' room too so folks can leave a note Carolyn too.

#40 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,330 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 13 September 2005 - 12:06 PM

Sorry about the moderation here, I've split the "get well video" messages into their own topic. Some folks are watching this thread for updates on Frances via xml or email notifications. Its important that they only get the updates and not all the other chatter. Hope you understand. You can view the new topic about the video » HERE

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users